How do I permanently delete text messages from my iPhone 10?
On your iPhone:
- Go to the “Settings” app and tap on “General.”
- Tap “Storage & iCloud Usage,” then “Manage Storage” below the iCloud section.
- Select the device you wish to delete under “Backups.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit “Delete Backup.”
- Tap “Turn Off & Delete” and the backup will be erased.
How do you delete a message on iPhone 10?
Choose one contact, double tap or hold on one message, and click “More”. Step 3. Select the messages you want to delete, tap “Trash” icon to get rid of them. Or tap “Delete All” on the top-left corner of your screen to remove all messages/attachments from one specific person.
How do I delete photos from messages on iPhone 10?
To do this, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Messages. You see a snapshot of all your Messages’ media files by category such as photos, videos, GIFs, and others. Tap on what you want to manage. Then swipe left on an individual file and tap Delete.
How do I delete all my iPhone messages at once?
Open Settings > Messages.
- Open Settings > Messages.
- Scroll down to the section labelled MESSAGE HISTORY.
- Tap Keep Messages.
- Choose 30 days. This will delete messages older than one month.
- Then you can go back and delete the rest manually, likely much easier.
Can you permanently delete text messages on iPhone?
Delete text messages on your iPhone manually. Tap Messages app > tap Edit > tap the read circle, then you can remove the whole conversation from your iPhone. And then you can delete any message in this conversation you need. However, you think you’ve deleted the text from your iPhone, but you may find them in spotlight
When you delete messages on iPhone does it delete for the other person?
There’s no simple way to cancel it even at this point. Even if you delete the message from the conversation thread — even if it is still in the process of being sent —your iOS device will still attempt to send it out in the background. Deleting a message only deletes your local copy of the message.
How do you delete messages on iOS?
Method 1 Deleting Individual Text Messages
- Open your iPhone’s Messages.
- Select a conversation from the Messages menu.
- Tap and hold a text you wish to delete.
- Select More.
- Select each message you wish to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon.
- Tap Delete Message.
How do I delete messages on messages?
Delete a Single Message
- Tap the Message+ icon . If not available, navigate: Apps > Message+.
- Select a conversation.
- Touch and hold a message.
- Tap Delete Messages.
- Select additional messages if desired. Message is selected if a check mark is present.
- Tap Delete (upper-right).
- Tap Delete to confirm.
How do you delete messages on iPhone so the other person cant see it?
Delete Text Messages, iMessages, & Conversations from iPhone
- Open the Messages app and tap the “Edit” button in the corner.
- Locate the SMS thread you want to remove and tap the little red (-) button, then tap the “Delete” button to remove all messages and correspondence with that person.
- Repeat as necessary for other contacts.
How do you delete text messages on iPhone XS?
Tap and hold on a message until the menu pops up and then tap More. Step 3. A small circle will appear next to each message, then tap the circle next to the messages you want to delete, tap the Trash Can icon on the bottom-left to delete the specific messages.
How do you delete a text message without deleting the whole conversation?
Tap the conversation that has the messages you want to delete in it. With the conversation open, tap and hold the message you want to delete until the menu pops up. Then tap More in the pop-up menu. A circle appears next to each individual message.
How do you make sure iMessages are permanently deleted?
Step 1:Go to message app and open the conversation. Step 2:Tap and hold the message or tap “more” to select multiple messages. Step 3:After selecting the messages you would like to delete, tap the trash icon seen at the left side of the bottom. Your iMessages will be deleted on your iPhone after these steps.
How do I delete all messages on iPhone XR?
Step 1Open Messages app > Tap “Edit” at the top left corner. Step 2Select the conversion you need to clear > Tap Delete at the bottom right corner. You can also tap the conversation you want to remove and swipe left, then tap Delete to delete this whole conversation.
How do you delete all messages on iPhone 8?
Tap and hold on a message until the menu pops up > Then tap More. Step 3. Now you can choose the items you want to delete, and then tap trash icon. Or you can tap Delete All to remove them all.
How do you delete conversation on iPhone?
Delete a message or conversation
- In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble that you want to delete, then tap More.
- Tap , then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread, tap Delete All in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
Can you delete text messages iPhone?
Again, you can’t delete messages on someone else’s iPhone or iPad, but you can delete them from yours. Launch the Messages app from the Home screen. Tap on the conversation containing the message you want to delete.
Can you delete text messages permanently?
Yes, there are measures you can take to permanently delete incriminating texts. If you are using an iPhone, you can sync regularly after removing an SMS message. Within the messaging app, select Edit, then you can isolate messages or just remove that contact from the messaging interface altogether.
Can an iPhone delete messages by itself?
Since there’s no way for iOS users to delete all the messages at once, Apple offers an auto-delete feature to Messages. If you have turned on this feature, your iPhone will keep deleting messages automatically and regularly.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”