iOS 11 Changes Things on Better
- While you are in Settings > General > iPhone Storage, tap on Messages. Now you can see how much space all your Messages’ media files take.
- Tap on the group you want to manage.
- Swipe left on a particular file and tap Delete.
How do I delete documents and data from my iPhone?
Follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
- Select an app that’s taking up a lot of space.
- Take a look at the entry for Documents & Data.
- Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it.
What is included in documents and data on iPhone?
Document & Data on iPhone is including browser history, cookies, logs, caches of photos and videos, database files and more stored by your apps. You can’t delete them directly unless the app in Settings, General, Usage has an Edit option like Safari.
How do you delete documents and data from Imessage?
To do this, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Messages. You see a snapshot of all your Messages’ media files by category such as photos, videos, GIFs, and others. Tap on what you want to manage. Then swipe left on an individual file and tap Delete.
How do I delete documents and data from Safari?
Step 1: Delete the Safari cache
- Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Passwords & Accounts at the top). Tap Safari at the bottom of this group.
- Scroll down again and tap ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- Tap ‘Clear History and Data’.
How do I delete documents and data from my iPhone 8?
Step 1: Go to Settings > General on your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X. Step 2: Choose iPhone Storage and you will see the list of your iPhone Apps and storage taken by each App. Step 3: Tap on the App you want to delete documents and data from and then click Delete App.
How do I delete documents and data on WhatsApp iPhone?
Delete media files within WhatsApp. Open WhatsApp Settings -> Data and Storage Usage -> Storage Usage, it will list all your WhatsApp chats. Enter your chat and and click “Manage” button, you can select Photos, GIFs, Videos, Voice Messages, Documents, then click “Clear” to delete those media files and documents.
How do you delete documents and data from iCloud?
Deleting Documents and Data stored in iCloud
- Step 1: Go to Settings > your Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage.
- Step 2: Your Documents and Data usage is listed by apps that use the most storage to those that use the least.
- Step 3: Tap on the app for which you want to delete documents and data stored in iCloud.
What are documents and data on iCloud?
Open Settings and go to “iCloud” Tap on “Storage & Backup” then tap “Manage Storage” Look under “Documents & Data” to see which apps have iCloud documents available – note that both iOS and OS X apps storing documents in iCloud will be seen here. Tap any app to see specific documents stored in iCloud.
Does iMessage automatically delete?
iMessage lets you automatically remove messages after a set period of time. That way, you can reclaim space without having to remember to manually delete everything on your own. Tap on Keep Messages under the Message History section.
How do I delete iMessage data?
First, lets get rid of any and all old iMessages clogging up your storage.
- Launch Messages on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the conversation containing the images you want to delete.
- Tap on Details at the top right.
- Tap and hold on one of the images you’d like to delete under the Attachments section.
How do you delete attachments in iMessage?
Scroll down until you see the Attachments. Then you are going to tap and hold on one of the images until you see Copy, Delete and More appear. Tap on More and select all of the images you want to delete. Then you are going to press on the blue trash can in the lower right hand corner to delete them.
How do I delete documents and data from photos?
One app that’s taking up a lot of space is Photos. And while its Documents and Data is actually your pics, you can clear some of those without losing anything valuable.
To clear out those files, do the following:
- Go to Settings > Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap Clear History and Data.
How do you delete documents and data from Instagram?
How to Clear the Instagram Cache on iPhone
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone.
- Go to “General” and then to “iPhone Storage”
- Wait for all storage data to load.
- Scroll down to locate the app list and find “Instagram”, next to it will be the total storage size taken up by the app.
- Tap on “Instagram”
- Tap on “Delete App”
How do I delete data from Safari?
Delete Cookies and Saved Data on the Mac
- Select Preferences from the Safari menu or hold down the Command key and the comma key at the same time (Command+,).
- Go to the Privacy tab.
- Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all stored website data, or skip to step 5 to remove data on a site-by-site basis.
How do I delete downloaded files on my iPhone?
Through uninstalltion, all data and files in the apps would be removed and the downloads will be deleted as well.
- Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.
- Click an app and choose Delete App. Repeat the action on other apps.
- Go to App Store to reinstall apps easily.
How do I delete files from iPhone apps?
Delete files from the Files app. Select the files that you don’t want anymore and tap Delete or . If you delete files from the iCloud Drive folder on one device, they delete on your other devices too. iCloud Drive removes the files from every device that you’re signed in to with the same Apple ID.
What is taking up so much space on my iPhone?
Your device’s storage is mapped out on a grid showing what is taking up space. If you scroll down to your apps, you’ll see, listed by size, apps that are taking up the most space on your device.
How to check your iPhone or iPad’s storage space
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone [or iPad] Storage.
How do I delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud?
Tap iCloud. Tap Photos. Under Photos, you can slide a switch to turn off your iCloud Photo Library. To get rid of iCloud Photo Library on all of your devices, follow steps #1 to #3, but then go to iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > iCloud Photo Library, then choose Disable and Delete.
How do I enable documents and data?
Step 1: Open Settings and tap on the iCloud section and select iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive gives apps the ability to save documents and data to the Drive, which can be accessed anytime on other iOS (8+) or OS X (Yosemite or higher) devices.
How do I free up some of my iCloud storage?
Choose which apps to back up
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- If you use iOS 11 or later, tap Manage Storage > Backups.
- Tap the name of the device that you’re using.
- Under Choose Data to Back Up, turn off any apps that you don’t want to back up.
- Choose Turn Off & Delete.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”