How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad
- Click Restore on the iTunes popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 12 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 12.
6 days ago
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’ First, you’ll need to disable Find My iPhone.
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your Device.
- Step 3Connect to iTunes.
- Step 4Put Your Phone into DFU Mode.
- Step 5Install the Older Firmware.
- Step 6Restore Data from iCloud.
- 28 Comments.
6. Search your device icon on iTunes and click it > Choose Summary tab and, (For Mac) press “Option” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)”; (For Windows) press “Shift” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”. 7. Find previous iOS ipsw file you have downloaded, select it and click “Open”.How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad
- Click Restore on the iTunes popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 10 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 10.
For an iPhone 7 and above, do the same, but with the Volume Down button instead of the Home button. 6. Hold down Shift on Windows or Option on a Mac, and click “Restore iPhone” in iTun7. In the window that appears, select the IPSW file you downloaded earlier.Click on your device in the iTunes interface and select Summary. Now hold down the Alt/Option key (Shift on a PC), and click the Restore iPhone button. Now navigate to the IPSW file on your desktop and click Open. Your PC will now reinstall iOS 10.3.3 on your iPad or iPhone.Connect your iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 to your PC or Mac, and select it in the drop-down in the top-left of iTunes. Click Restore iPhone while holding down the Option key (Mac) or the Shift key (Windows) and locate the IPSW file you downloaded earlier.The lowest version you can go with an iPad 2 and without SHSH blobs is iOS 6.1.3. This is because Apple still signs OTA (over-the-air) iOS firmware for this version. You can use OdysseusOTA to downgrade to this version, but only if you’re jailbroken.Step 3: Erase macOS High Sierra
- Connect your Mac to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Restart from the dropdown menu.
- Hold down Command+R, and keep holding the keys until your computer reboots.
- Click on Disk Utility in the OS X Utilities selector.
How to install watchOS 4.3.1 on your Apple Watch
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and launch the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on the My Watch tab.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Error 3194 seems to usually be triggered when unsigned or expired firmware is used, often during an iOS downgrade or upgrade, or even during some restores. If you experience the error on your iOS device, here’s how you can quickly resolve it so that iTunes will function with the restore or iOS update as intended.
How do I install an older version of iOS?
How to Go Back to a Previous Version of iOS on an iPhone
- Check your current iOS version.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Search Google for an IPSW file.
- Download an IPSW file on your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Click Summary on the left navigation menu.
How do I downgrade my iPhone OS?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
Can you uninstall an update on iPhone?
How to remove downloaded software updates. 1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General. 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it. 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12.1 1?
The Best Way to Downgrade iOS 12.1.1/12.1/12 without iTunes
- Step 1: Install the software. First of all, download Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer.
- Step 2: Choose the right option.
- Step 3: Feed the device details.
- Step 4: Downgrade to safe version.
How do I undo an iOS update?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
Can you roll back an iOS update?
From a backup in iTunes. The best and safest way to roll back your iPhone to iOS 11 is through a backup, and it’s easy, as long as you made a backup before upgrading to iOS 12. Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone. Navigate to the IPSW file you previously downloaded and press Open.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11 without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12 without a computer?
The Safest Way to Downgrade iOS 12.2/12.1 without Data Loss
- Step 1: Install the program on your PC. After installing Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer, launch it and then connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
- Step 2: Enter your iPhone details.
- Step 3: Downgrade to the old version.
Can you uninstall an app update on iPhone?
Uninstall app updates on iPhone has only one option, which is deleting the updated apps on iPhone directly. Long press the app you want to uninstall and it will appear a small “x” on the upper left of the app icon. To uninstall app updates, users often means to download the old version back.
How do I remove an update from the App Store?
Hiding Mac App Store updates
- Step 2: Click the Store tab in the menu bar and select Show All Software Updates.
- Step 1: Open the Mac App Store.
- Step 2: Right click on the update(s) that you wish to hide, and click Hide Update.
- Step 1: Open the Mac App Store and click the Updates tab.
How do I uninstall Apple Software Update?
How to remove it:
- Open the “Remove a program” control panel applet again if you have closed it.
- Locate Apple Software Update there, right-click on the entry, and select the uninstall option from the context menu. Follow the dialog that opens.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
How to Downgrade iOS 12.1.3 to iOS 12.1.2/iOS 12.1.1 Without Losing Data
- Turn off Find my iPhone via the Settings app (Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone).
- Download the iOS 12.1.1 firmware file for your device from our iOS firmware file download page for your iPhone or iPad. iOS firmware file for iPhone.
Can I downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Apple today has stopped signing iOS 12.1.2 and iOS 12.1.1, which means it is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 12.1.3. Apple regularly stops signing older versions of iOS to ensures users stay on the most up-to-date builds for security and stability reasons.
Can I downgrade my iOS from 12 to 11?
Since downgrade from iOS 12/12.1 to iOS 11 will wipe everything on device, you’re suppose to make a full backup of your iPhone iPad firstly. But don’t worry, some professional iOS data recovery tools can help you get back lost files from iTunes and iCloud backup after the downgrade process.
How do I downgrade from iOS beta?
Downgrade from the iOS 12 beta
- Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
- When it says ‘Connect to iTunes’, do exactly that – plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes.
How do I undo Android update?
If the App is Pre-Installed
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Here, you will see all the apps that you installed and updated.
- Choose the app you want to downgrade.
- On the top right, you will see a burger menu.
- Press that and choose Uninstall Updates.
- A pop-up will prompt you to confirm.
How do I undo Samsung update?
From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Apps (Phone section).
This option is only available when an update has been installed.
- Tap the Menu icon (upper-right).
- Tap Uninstall updates.
- Tap UNINSTALL to confirm.
Can you undo an app update on iPhone?
Approach 2: Undo an app update by iTunes. In fact, iTunes is not only a useful tool to back up iPhone apps, but also a simple way to undo an app update. Step 1: Uninstall the app from your iPhone after App Store updated it automatically. Run iTunes, click on the Device icon at upper left corner.
Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
How do I revert to a previous version of OSX?
If you’re on High Sierra 10.12.4 or later, and you want to revert to the version of macOS that shipped with your Mac, then you’re in luck! This is one of the easiest ways to downgrade your Mac: Restart your Mac, while holding down the ‘Shift+Option+Command+R’ keys.
How do I downgrade iCloud storage?
Downgrade your iCloud storage from any device
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
- Tap Change Storage Plan.
- Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
- Choose a different plan.
- Tap Done.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 9?
How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore
- Step 1: Back up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer.
- Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
How do I downgrade from Mojave?
Here, you require creating the Bootable High Sierra Installer to downgrade from macOS Mojave.
- Plug External USB Drive to your Mac.
- Launch Disk Utility.
- Select the external USB drive and Click Erase.
- Rename the drive say, “MyVolume” and choose the required format (APFS or Mac OS Extended)
- Click Erase.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”