How do I set different notification sounds for different apps?
Open the Settings app on your phone and look for the Apps and Notifications setting. Inside there, tap on Notifications then select Advanced. Scroll to the bottom and select the Default notification sounds option. From there you can choose the notification tone you want to set for your phone.
Can you set individual text tones on Android?
Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen. … Tap the bell icon to use the system notification picker to select a text tone. You can also tap the microphone icon to record a custom phrase as the text tone or the folder icon to select a ringtone through your file manager. Tap your desired tone.
How do I set different notification sounds for different contacts?
- Open the messaging app (Messages or Anywhere)
- Tap on the conversation with the Contact for which you want to set up a custom notification tone.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen, then: For Messages, tap Details. …
- Tap Notifications. …
- Tap Sound.
- Choose a Sound, and then tap OK.
How do I customize notifications on Android?
Option 1: In your Settings app
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Under “Recently Sent,” tap an app.
- Tap a type of notification.
- Choose your options: Choose Alerting or Silent. To see a banner for alerting notifications when your phone is unlocked, turn on Pop on screen.
How do I set different notification sounds for email and text?
Here’s how to change the notification sound in the Google Messages app.
- Open the Google Messages app.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down to Other.
- Tap Default.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Sound. If you don’t see these menu options, look for Other notifications > Sound.
Why does my Android phone not make a sound when I get a text?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
How do I set different ringtones for text messages?
Set Ringtone for All Text Messages
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do I set notification sounds?
Change your notification sound
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Sound & vibration Advanced. Default notification sound.
- Choose a sound.
- Tap Save.
How do I set SMS alerts?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred: …
- Configure the following ringtone options:
What folder are notification sounds in Android?
The directory is /system/media/audio/ringtones.
How do I set individual ringtones for contacts?
- Go to the People app (also may be labelled Contacts) and select a contact.
- In contact details, hit the Menu button (three vertical dots in the top-right corner) and choose Edit (this step may be unnecessary on your phone)
- Scroll down until you see Ringtone. Tap it and select a tone to play when they call.