How do I change the default program in Windows 7?
Set your default programs
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button. …
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
- Click Change program.
How do I restore default apps in Windows 7?
How do I change my settings always open?
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps & Notifications. …
- Choose App info. …
- Choose the app that always opens. …
- On the app’s screen, choose Open by Default or Set as Default. …
- Tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.
Where is default programs Control Panel?
Press Win+X to bring up the Power Tasks Menu and choose ‘Control Panel’ from the list of options displayed. Once in the Control Panel screen, choose ‘Programs’. Then, click on the ‘Default Programs’ link. The Default Programs screen will request you to choose the program that you would like Windows to use by default.
How do I change the default application file?
How to Change File Associations in Windows 10
- Right-click the Start button (or hit the WIN+X hotkey) and choose Settings.
- Select Apps from the list.
- Choose Default apps on the left.
- Scroll down a little and select Choose default apps by file type.
How do I set the default picture Manager in Windows 7?
Go to Start > Settings > System > Default apps, there on the right side you can set the Default program for Photo viewer as Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Click on it to select the item from the list. You can also set the Default programs through Control Panel.
How do I change the default video player in Windows 7?
In Windows7, we can set default media player for opening video/audio files as follows.
- Click on Start button.
- Search for ‘set default’
- Click ‘Set your default programs’ in the search result.
Where is the default programs Control Panel in Windows 10?
On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps. Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store. Apps need to be installed before you can set them as the default.
What is a default app mean?
When you tap an action in Android, a specific application always opens; that application is called the default. This can come into play when you have more than one application installed that serves the same purpose. For example, you might have both the Chrome and Firefox web browsers installed.
How do I change the default program to open a PNG file?
Instructions say: Open LittleWindows PNG – Instructions say Open Control Panel and go to Default Programs > Set Programs. Find Windows Photo Viewer in the list of programs, (can’t find it) click it, and choose Set this program as default.
How do I remove the default application to open a file?
- Click on Start and then Control Panel. …
- Click on the Programs link. …
- Click on the Make a file type always open in a specific program link under the Default Programs heading.
- In the Set Associations window, scroll down the list until you see the file extension that you want to change the default program for.
How do I change what application opens a file?
How to manage default apps
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go into Apps & notifications.
- Hit Advanced.
- Select Default apps.
- Pick the apps you want for each option.
How do I change file associations?
Change the file association for an email attachment
- In Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, choose Start and then type Control Panel.
- Choose Programs > Make a file type always open in a specific program. …
- In the Set Associations tool, select the file type you want to change the program for, then choose Change program.