How do I search multiple folders at once?
Type the first folder name, then type “or” without the quotes and type second folder name. (for example: ma or ml). 3. After typing the folder names, click on Search My Stuff.
How do I search multiple folders in Windows?
In the Windows file explorer search field (top right left), to search and list only to specific files / folder, type in as [FILENAME] OR [FILENAME2] OR [FILENAME3] as below screenshot. This will list out those files / folder mentioned.
How do I search for all folders on my computer?
Create an Advanced Search
- In the desktop, click or tap the File Explorer button on the taskbar.
- Open an Explorer window in the location where you want to search.
- Click or tap in the Search box. …
- Click or tap the Computer, Current folder, or All subfolders to specify a search location.
How do I search all subfolders?
Open Windows Explorer. Select Organize / Folder and Search options. Select the Search Tab. In the How to search section, select the Include subfolders in search results when searching in file folders option.
How do I search for multiple files in Windows 10?
Steps To Search Multiple File Types In File Explorer on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to any drive or folder.
- Now if you want to find text or png files, then type the follwing command. You will be able to find all TXT and PNG files in a folder.
How do I search for multiple Word documents in Windows?
How to Search for words within files on Windows 7
- Open windows explorer.
- Using the left hand file menu select the folder to search in.
- Find the search box in the top right hand corner of the explorer window.
- In the search box type content: followed by the word or phrase you are searching for.(eg content:yourword)
How do I search for multiple words in File Explorer?
2. File Explorer
- Open the folder you want to search in File Explorer, select the View menu and click the Options button.
- In the window that opens, click on the Search tab, select “Always search file names and contents” and click “OK”
How do I search multiple values in File Explorer?
To search multiple file types in File Explorer, you just have to use ‘OR’ to separate your search criteria. Basically “OR” search modifier is the key to easy multiple file searching.
How do I search multiple criteria in File Explorer?
In order to search multiple file types in File Explorer, you have to use ‘OR’ to separate your search criteria.
How do I search for folders in Windows 10?
Click start button and start typing. you could also open file explorer [Start+E] then in the upper right corner there is a search box. if you select in the left pane where you want to search and select your computer, it will search everywhere.
How do I search my computer for all files?
Search File Explorer: Open File Explorer from the taskbar or right-click on the Start menu, and choose File Explorer, then select a location from the left pane to search or browse. For example, select This PC to look in all devices and drives on your computer, or select Documents to look only for files stored there.
Where are my folders?
Just open it up to browse any area of your local storage or a connected Drive account; you can either use the file type icons at the top of the screen or, if you want to look folder by folder, tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner and select “Show internal storage” — then tap the three-line menu icon in …
How do I see all subfolders in Windows 10?
Go to the main folder you are interested in, and in the folder search bar type a dot “.” and press enter. This will show literally all the files in every subfolder.
How do I see all files and subfolders in Windows 10?
There are a number of ways to display a folder in File Explorer:
- Click on a folder if it’s listed in the Navigation pane.
- Click on a folder in the Address bar to display its subfolders.
- Double-click on a folder in the file and folder listing to display any subfolders.
How do I search for subfolders in File Explorer?
To search for files in File Explorer, open File Explorer and use the search box to the right of the address bar. Tap or click to open File Explorer. Search looks in all folders and subfolders within the library or folder you’re viewing. When you tap or click inside the search box, the Search Tools tab appears.