In Windows 7, you can find the Search box in the upper right corner of every folder. Try this by opening your Documents folder. Click in the search box and start typing your search term. You’ll start to see results as soon as you begin to type.
How do I search subfolders in Windows 7?
Open Windows Explorer. Select Organize / Folder and Search options. Select the Search Tab. In the How to search section, select the Include subfolders in search results when searching in file folders option.
Why can’t I search for files in Windows 7?
Windows 7 Search Not Working: Detect Problems
Open the Control Panel and under “System and Security”, select Find and fix problems. You need to be in Category view to see this. 4. Click Next and then check the box that says “Files Don’t Appear in Search Results” once the troubleshooter has finished detecting problems.
How do I search for a specific folder in Windows?
Create an Advanced Search
- In the desktop, click or tap the File Explorer button on the taskbar.
- Open an Explorer window in the location where you want to search.
- Click or tap in the Search box. …
- Click or tap the Computer, Current folder, or All subfolders to specify a search location.
How do I search an entire folder?
To search for files in File Explorer, open File Explorer and use the search box to the right of the address bar. Tap or click to open File Explorer. Search looks in all folders and subfolders within the library or folder you’re viewing.
How do I perform a search in Windows 7?
How to Search for a File or Folder from the Windows 7 Start Menu
- Open the Start menu and type a search term in the search field at the bottom. The Search field and results in the Start menu. …
- Click the See More Results link. …
- When you locate the file you wanted, double-click it to open it.
Why is search not working in File Explorer?
If you encounter File Explorer search not responding, the first thing you can do is restarting your File Explorer. To do that, just press Windows + X and select Task Manager from the menu. In the pop-up windows, find and select Windows Explorer process, and click Restart button.
How do I change my search settings in Windows 7?
How to Customize Windows 7’s Search Settings
- Choose Start→Documents. In the upper-left area, click the down-arrow next to Organize. …
- Use the tips below to make any changes you want to the Windows 7 search options. …
- When you’re happy with the results, click OK.
How do I turn on the Search bar in Windows 7?
If you find that the search bar in the Start menu is missing, you can re-enable it through the Control Panel.
- Open the Start menu and click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Uninstall A Program” under Programs.
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Click the box next to “Window Search” so a check mark appears in the box.
How do I search for a folder on my computer?
In this article
1Choose Start→Computer. 2Double-click an item to open it. 3If the file or folder that you want is stored within another folder, double-click the folder or a series of folders until you locate it. 4When you find the file you want, double-click it.
How do I find the path to a file?
To view the full path of an individual file:
- Click the Start button and then click Computer, click to open the location of the desired file, hold down the Shift key and right-click the file.
- On the menu, there are two options to choose from that will allow you to either copy or view the entire file path:
How do I open a search file or folder?
Click the Start button to go to the Start screen, then start typing to search for a file. The search results will appear on the right side of the screen. Simply click a file or folder to open it.