Windows 7 doesn’t offer a simple restart command like Windows 8 and 10 do. Instead, you’ll have to end the process and then restart it as two separate steps. Right-click any empty area of the taskbar and choose “Task Manager.” In the Task Manager window, switch to the “Processes” tab.
How do I reset my taskbar Windows 7?
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Click “Properties.”
- Click on the “Start Menu” tab.
- Click the “Customize” button.
- Click “Use Default Settings” and click “OK” to restore your task bar and “Start” menu back to their original default settings.
How do I restart my taskbar?
To do it, right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the options. It will open the Task Manager. In the Processes tab select Windows Explorer and click on the Restart button at the bottom of the Task Manager window. Windows Explorer along with the taskbar will restart.
Why is my taskbar not working Windows 7?
You will need to run Task Manager: press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard. When the Task Manager window is open, find “Windows Explorer” under “Processes” tab and right-click on it, select “End task” from the drop-down menu. Windows Explorer will relaunch. This should fix the problem, at least temporarily.
How do I fix my Start menu in Windows 7?
Reset the start menu options in Windows 7 (restore to “Use Default Settings”)
- Right click on the start button and choose “Properties”
- Then, click on the Customize button.
- Windows 7 will open the Customize Start Menu dialog.
- Look at the bottom of that dialog, and you will see a “Use Default Settings” button.
How do I unfreeze my taskbar?
How do I unfreeze my taskbar? You can restart the taskbar. Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager, select File Explorer and click on Restart.
How do I restart my computer without the taskbar?
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- On your computer keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl), alternate (Alt), and delete (Del) keys at the same time.
- Release the keys and wait for a new menu or window to appear.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Power icon. …
- Select between Shut Down and Restart.
Why is the taskbar not working?
If restarting the Explorer process doesn’t work or the issue happens frequently, you can try some other fixes. First, make sure you actually have auto-hide enabled. Head to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and make sure Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode is enabled.
How do I enable the taskbar on my desktop?
When you’ve confirmed that your taskbar is unlocked, press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar. Select Taskbar settings > Taskbar location on screen, and then select Left, Top, Right, or Bottom.
What do you do when your taskbar won’t hide?
Answer: Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the error – the taskbar won’t hide.
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- From the list of the drop-down menu, click on the taskbar settings.
- A window will open; now look for the option – Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.
- Enable the option.