How do I factory reset my laptop using command prompt?
The instructions are:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
How do I factory reset Windows 10 from command prompt?
Start Windows 10 reset from command line
- Open an elevated command prompt. You can type “cmd” in the search box and right click on the result Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.
- From there, type “systemreset” (without quotes). …
- Then you can select the option you need to reset your PC.
How do I force my laptop to factory reset?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I force a factory reset on Windows 10?
The quickest is to press the Windows Key to open the Windows search bar, type “Reset” and select the “Reset this PC” option. You can also reach it by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Settings from the pop-up menu. From there, choose Update & Security in the new window then Recovery on the left navigation bar.
How do I fix my computer using command prompt?
Type “systemreset -cleanpc” in an elevated command prompt and press “Enter”. (If your computer cannot boot, you can boot into recovery mode and select “Troubleshoot”, and then choose “Reset this PC”.)
Why can’t I factory reset my PC?
One of the most common causes for the reset error is corrupted system files. If key files in your Windows 10 system are damaged or deleted, they can prevent the operation from resetting your PC. Running the System File Checker (SFC scan) will allow you to repair these files and attempt to reset them again.
How do I clear the Windows command prompt?
What to Know
- In Command Prompt, type: cls and press Enter. Doing this clears the entire application screen.
- Close and reopen Command Prompt. Click the X on the top right of the window to close it, then reopen it as usual.
- Press the ESC key to clear the line of text and move back to the Command Prompt.
How do I restart from command prompt?
From an open command prompt window:
- type shutdown, followed by the option you wish to execute.
- To shut down your computer, type shutdown /s.
- To restart your computer, type shutdown /r.
- To log off your computer type shutdown /l.
- For a complete list of options type shutdown /?
- After typing your chosen option, press Enter.
How do you reset a computer from BIOS?
Reset from Setup Screen
- Shut your computer down.
- Power your computer back up, and immediately press the key that enters the BIOS setup screen. …
- Use the arrow keys to navigate through the BIOS menu to find the option to reset the computer to its default, fall-back or factory settings. …
- Restart your computer.
How do I manually reboot my laptop?
How to Reboot a Computer Manually
- Press and hold the power button. Hold the power button down for 5 seconds or until the computer’s power is off. …
- Wait 30 seconds. …
- Press the power button to start the computer. …
- Properly restart.
How do you hard reset a Windows laptop?
Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time until the screen turns off (about 15 seconds), then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds. After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
How do you completely Reset your computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I factory reset my computer using the keyboard?
Rather than reformatting your drives and restoring all your programs individually, you can reset the entire computer back to its factory settings with the F11 key.
Can you Reset Windows 10 from BIOS?
Just to cover all the bases: there is no way to factory reset Windows from the BIOS. Our guide to using the BIOS shows how to reset your BIOS to default options, but you can’t factory reset Windows itself through it.