Go to File > Info. Under Protect Document, select Encrypt with Password. Enter a password and confirm it before clicking OK. Now users would need to enter a password before they can view the file.
How can I put password on my flash drive?
Password protect files on a USB drive
- Open the document and select File.
- Click Info and Protect Document from the menu options.
- Select the option to Encrypt with Password.
- Add the password and then save it. From that point onward, every time you try to open the document you will be prompted for that password.
How do I password protect a flash drive without BitLocker?
Way 2: Using DiskCryptor
Step 1: Launch DiskCryptor, right-click the USB flash drive and select Encrypt. Step 2: Select an encryption algorithm or keep the default settings, and then click Next. Step 3: Set a secure password for the USB flash drive, and then click OK to start encryption.
How do I Encrypt my SanDisk flash drive?
How to Password Protect a SanDisk Cruzer
- Insert your SanDisk Cruzer into an available USB port on your computer.
- Select “LaunchU3.exe” from the autorun dialog box. …
- Close the AutoPlay dialog box. …
- Select “Enable Security.”
- Enter a password in “New password” and “Retype password.” Enter an optional hint, if desired.
Can you password protect a folder on a USB drive?
Use 7-Zip to Create a Password Protected Archive
Install and run 7-Zip, right-click the file or folder on your USB drive, and select 7-Zip > Add to Archive. In the Add to Archive window, choose the Archive format and add a password.