How do I make my system tray smaller in Windows 10?
If you want the Windows 10 taskbar to be even smaller, you have to edit its settings.
- Right-click the taskbar and chose Taskbar settings.
- Locate the Use small taskbar buttons option from the right pane and select the button next to it. The taskbar will immediately become noticeably smaller.
How do I compress my system tray?
To do that, right-click an empty area on the Taskbar and then go to Search. There you can switch it to show a search icon or click Hidden to get rid of it entirely. Personally, I shrink it down to just a button, as shown below, but you can also hide it completely.
Why is my system tray bigger?
This sounds like a scaling issue. Even if you dont use scaling, you may be able to resolve by changing scale up and back down. To do this, right-click an empty area of the desktop > select Display settings > scroll down down to Scale & layout > Change scale briefly to something different, than back to 100%.
How do I manage system tray in Windows 10?
Windows 10 – System Tray
- Step 1 − Go to the SETTINGS window and choose System.
- Step 2 − In the SYSTEM window, select Notifications & actions. …
- Step 3 − In the SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window, you can turn on or off the icons in whichever way you prefer.
How do I enable system tray in Windows 10?
How to add system tray icons to the notification area in Windows 10:
- Press WINDWS+Q, type “taskbar settings”, and press ENTER to open the Taskbar settings.
- Press SHIFT+TAB once to navigate to the last section: “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”
- Press ENTER to select it.