How do I change the default printer in Windows 10?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default.
How do you change the default printer?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”. …
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
Why is printer printing in black and white?
If your page is setup to print in “grayscale” it will only print in black and white. Change the setting to “default” so it will print in color. If your settings look good from the start, the cartridge may just need to be primed. Most printers have a built in cleaning function that you can run to do this.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
If your default printer keeps changing, you might want to prevent Windows from managing your default printer. To do that, just follow these steps: Go to Settings > click on the Devices icon. Click on Printers & scanners on the left side > turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
Where are the printer settings in Windows 10?
You can access the printer properties to view and change product settings.
- Do one of the following: Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer properties. …
- Click any tab to view and change the printer property settings.
How do I change default print settings in Word?
Besides, in the MS Word’s Menu bar, click Tools > Option. Then choose the Printer tab. On the default paper tray option, choose Use Default Printer Setting.
How do I change the default printer in the registry?
Simple Steps For How to Set Default Printer Windows 7 Registry
- Click the Start button and type regedit on the search field. …
- Move to the Computer HKEY_CURRENT – USER Software Microsoft Windows NT Current Version Devices.
- Locate the target printer in the list of available devices in the right pane.
Should I let Windows manage my default printer?
If you primarily use your own printer in your own office / home and you are satisfied to manage the default printer setting if / when it is necessary, then retain control of the option. For example, leave the box unchecked or use other (Windows 7) control to “opt out” of the feature.
Why is my printer not printing black when ink is full?
Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. You can fix this by gently using a pin to clean up the clog on the vent. … Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges.
Why does my printer use color ink when printing black?
Your printer is printing the color black on top of the color black to produce a “different” shade of black. … Some printers even have “Black Ink Only” mode that can be enabled, in which the results look nearly identical to the default setting that uses color cartridges.
Which printer can print only in black and white?
Inkjet printer can only print black and white.