On the Users tab, find the user account you want to change under the Users for this computer section. Click that user account name. Click the Properties option in the user account window. On the Group Membership tab, select the Administrator group to set the user account to an administrator account.
How do I become administrator on Windows 7?
Windows 7: Opening the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Click the Start icon and click in the Search box.
- Type cmd into the search box. You will see the cmd (Command Prompt) in the search window.
- Hover the mouse over the cmd program and right-click.
- Select “Run as administrator”.
Why am I not the administrator on my computer windows 7?
This may happen if the administrator account is corrupted. You may try creating a new administrator account and check. Note: You must restart your computer when you enable or disable UAC. Changing levels of notification does not require that you restart your computer.
How do I turn on administrator?
How to enable the Administrator Account, the Guest Account or…
- Right-click the Start button, or press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click to select Command Prompt (Admin). …
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type net user and then press the Enter key.
How do I enable my hidden administrator account?
Using Security Policies
- Activate the Start Menu.
- Type secpol. …
- Go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
- The policy Accounts: Administrator account status determines whether the local Administrator account is enabled or not. …
- Double-click on the policy and select “Enabled” to enable the account.
How do you reset the Administrator account on Windows 7?
Here’s how to perform a system restore when your admin account is deleted:
- Sign in through your Guest account.
- Lock the computer by pressing Windows key + L on the keyboard.
- Click on the Power button.
- Hold Shift then click Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click System restore.
How do I login as Local Admin?
For example, to log on as local administrator, just type . Administrator in the User name box. The dot is an alias that Windows recognizes as the local computer. Note: If you want to log on locally on a domain controller, you need to start your computer in Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM).
How do I remove the Administrator password in Windows 7?
1. Remove Administrator Password in Windows 7 after Login
- Step 1: Click on the “Start” menu and then click on “Control Panel” to open the control panel.
- Step 2: Tap on “User Accounts and Family Safety” and “User Accounts”.
- Step 4: Click on “Remove Password” again to confirm that you would like to remove the password.
How can I enable Administrator account without admin rights?
To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:
- Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
- Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
- Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
How do I find my Administrator username and password?
Press Windows key + R to open Run. Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. Select the User account you are using under the User tab. Check by clicking “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox and click on Apply.
How do I know if my administrator is enabled?
Log out, and then log back in using your own account. Open a command prompt as an administrator, and type net user administrator to confirm that the account is active. Type net user administrator /active: no, then type net user administrator again to confirm that the account is now inactive (Figure D).
How do I enable the built in administrator account in Windows 7 without logging in?
How to: Enabling Administrator Account without login
- Step 1: After powering up. Keep pressing F8. …
- Step 2: In the Advanced boot menu. Select “Repair your computer”
- Step 3: Open Command Prompt.
- Step 4: Enable Administrator Account.
How do I enable the hidden administrator account in Windows 7?
msc in start menu and run it as administrator. From this Local Security Policies, expand the security options under the Local Policies. Find “Account: Administrator account status” from the right pane. Open the “Account: Administrator account status” and choose Enabled to enable it.