Go to Settings > General > Software Update. Tap Automatic Updates, then turn on Download iOS Updates. Turn on Install iOS Updates. Your device will automatically update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
How do I download the latest iOS on my old iPhone?
You can also follow these steps:
- Plug your device into a power source and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. …
- To update now, tap Install. …
- If asked, enter your passcode.
Why won’t my iPhone install the new iOS?
If you still can’t install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again: Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage. … Tap the update, then tap Delete Update. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update.
How do I install a specific iOS on my iPhone?
From the Settings menu go to General then select Software update . You’ll see an option called “Download and install“. Click on it to initiate the iOS update procedure. If you have restrictions PIN active on the phone, you’ll be asked to introduce it.
How do I upgrade to iOS 14?
Install iOS 14 or iPadOS 14
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
Can I go back to a previous iOS version?
Going back to an older version of iOS or iPadOS is possible, but it’s not easy or recommended. You can roll back to iOS 14.4, but you probably shouldn’t. Whenever Apple releases a new software update for the iPhone and iPad, you have to decide how soon you should update.
What happens if you don’t update your iPhone software?
Will my apps still work if I don’t do the update? As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. … Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too.
Why will iOS 14 not install?
If your iPhone won’t update to iOS 14, it might mean that your phone is incompatible or doesn’t have enough free memory. You also need to make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, and has enough battery life. You may also need to restart your iPhone and attempt to update again.
Can not install app on iPhone?
An iPhone that can’t download apps may signify that something is wrong with your Apple ID. If the connection between your iPhone and the Apple App Store is disrupted, signing out and signing back in may fix it. Go to Settings, tap your name at the top, and choose Sign Out at the bottom.
How do I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 13?
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to and select General.
- Select Software Update.
- Wait for the search to finish.
- If your iPhone is up to date, you will see the following screen.
- If your phone is not up to date, select Download and Install. Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I upgrade to a specific iOS?
By alt-clicking on the update-button in iTunes you are able to select a specific package you want to update from. Select you downloaded package and wait until the software ist installed on the phone. You should be able to install the most recent version of iOS for your iPhone model this way.
How do I install an older version of iOS?
Install Old Version of App by Syncing
- Download the app you want to install on your new Apple device. Then the purchase record will be synced in your Apple ID.
- Log in to the same Apple ID on your old iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Go to App Store and tap My Purchase to find the app you want to install.
What is the latest version of iOS?
Get the latest software updates from Apple
The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 14.7.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The latest version of macOS is 11.5.2. Learn how to update the software on your Mac and how to allow important background updates.