In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
To enter BIOS from Windows 10
- Click –> Settings or click New notifications. …
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery, then Restart now.
- The Options menu will be seen after executing the above procedures. …
- Select Advanced options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Choose Restart.
- This displays the BIOS setup utility interface.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
With Fast Boot enabled: You can’t press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
What to do if F12 is not working?
Resolve unexpected Function (F1 – F12) or other special key behavior on a Microsoft keyboard
- The NUM LOCK key.
- The INSERT key.
- The PRINT SCREEN key.
- The SCROLL LOCK key.
- The BREAK key.
- The F1 key through the F12 FUNCTION keys.
What is F12 boot menu?
If a Dell computer is unable to boot into the Operating System (OS), the BIOS update can be initiated using the F12 One Time Boot menu. Most Dell computers manufactured after 2012 have this function and you can confirm by booting the computer to the F12 One Time Boot menu.
How do I get to advanced BIOS settings?
Please load bios defaults and check if it works by performing these steps:
- Please keep tapping the Esc key gently several times as soon as you power on the computer.
- It takes you to the startup menu.
- Then press the F10 key to go the bios.
- Then press F9 load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.”
How do I find my BIOS version?
Finding the BIOS Version on Windows Computers Using the BIOS Menu
- Restart the computer.
- Open the BIOS menu. As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter the computer BIOS menu. …
- Find the BIOS version. In the BIOS menu, look for BIOS Revision, BIOS Version, or Firmware Version.
How do I access boot options?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started.
How do I open boot manager?
From your Start menu, open “Settings,” then click “Change PC Settings.” Open the “General” settings menu, then click “Restart Now” under the “Advanced Startup” heading. In the menu that appears after your computer restarts, select “Use a Device” to open the Boot Manager.