Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press f10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
How do I get to BIOS setup utility in Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
What is BIOS setup utility?
The BIOS Setup utility reports system information and can be used to configure the server BIOS settings. BIOS has a Setup utility stored in the BIOS flash memory. The configured data is provided with context-sensitive Help and is stored in the system’s battery-backed CMOS RAM.
How do I get to the BIOS menu?
1. Get ready to act quickly: You need to start the computer and press a key on the keyboard before the BIOS hands over control to Windows. You have only a few seconds to perform this step. On this PC, you’d press F2 to enter the BIOS setup menu.
How do I get out of BIOS setup utility?
Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS setup utility. In the Setup Confirmation dialog box, press the ENTER key to save the changes and exit.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
Is BIOS part of the operating system?
By itself, the BIOS is not an operating system. The BIOS is a small program to actually load an OS.
What is the main function of BIOS?
BIOS (basic input/output system) is the program a computer’s microprocessor uses to start the computer system after it is powered on. It also manages data flow between the computer’s operating system (OS) and attached devices, such as the hard disk, video adapter, keyboard, mouse and printer.
How do I fix corrupted BIOS?
You can do this one of three ways:
- Boot into the BIOS and reset it to the factory settings. If you are able to boot into the BIOS, go ahead and do so. …
- Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Unplug your computer and open your computer’s case to access the motherboard. …
- Reset the jumper.
How do I get into UEFI without BIOS?
Type msinfo32 and press Enter to open the System Information screen. Select System Summary on the left-hand side pane. Scroll down on the right-hand side pane and look for the BIOS Mode option. Its value should either be UEFI or Legacy.
How do I reset my BIOS to default?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. …
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. …
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.