Right-click anywhere on the desktop and click Personalize from the pop-up menu. When the Personalization window appears, as shown in Figure 4.2, click the new style you want to apply. Figure 4.2 Use the Personalization window to change Windows’ theme, desktop background, window colors, sounds, and screensaver.
How do I change the appearance of my desktop?
Windows 10 makes it easy to customize the look and feel of your desktop. To access the Personalization settings, right-click anywhere on the desktop, then select Personalize from the drop-down menu. The Personalization settings will appear.
How do you design a desktop?
We’ve tried a bunch of these tools and apps before, but you should always back up your system before you start any deep customization!
- Skin Your Windows.
- Organize Your Desktop Clutter. …
- Tweak Your Favorite Web Sites. …
- Change Up Your Icons. …
- Install a Custom Dock. …
- Collect Some Sweet Wallpapers. …
How do I change my Windows desktop layout?
View display settings in Windows 10
- Select Start > Settings > System > Display.
- If you want to change the size of your text and apps, choose an option from the drop-down menu under Scale and layout. …
- To change your screen resolution, use the drop-down menu under Display resolution.
How do I clean my Windows desktop?
Disk cleanup in Windows 10
- In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the drive you want to clean up, and then select OK.
- Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
- Select OK.
How do I make my desktop empty?
To create a new, empty virtual desktop, click the taskbar’s Task View button (just to the right of search) or use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + Tab, and then click New Desktop.
How do I get rid of icons on my desktop?
Right-click a blank area of the Windows desktop. Select Personalize in the pop-up menu. In the Personalize appearance and sounds window, click the Change desktop icons link on the left side. Uncheck the box next to the icon(s) you want to remove, click Apply, and then OK.
How do I get back to normal desktop on Windows 10?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.
How do I change to desktop mode in Windows 10?
There is no button to switch to Desktop mode. Desktop mode is selected by deselecting Tablet mode in the Action Center. See Win10 Tablet mode and Windows Action Center.