This is the same as the Actions tab in Types. When you double-click on the entry, you’ll get a popup dialog with a whole bunch of properties and settings. Click on the little button next to Default Icon and choose your icon file.
How do I change a PDF icon?
You cannot change the icon on that file, the icon is set by the default PDF viewer on your PC, the only thing you can do is move that file to some location, then create a shortcut to that file and change the icon on the Shortcut, from the right click, Properties dialog box . . . Power to the Developer!
How do I change the PDF viewer in Windows 7?
- Follow the menu path Start > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program.
- Highlight . pdf, then click Change.
- Choose your preferred PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader.
How do I change the icon for a PDF icon in Chrome?
All the PDF icons changed to Chrome icons and the files would open in Chrome.
- Right click on the PDF file.
- Open with…
- Choose another application.
- Select Adobe Acrobat Reader (or any other application you are looking for)
- Tick the box “Always use this application by default)
Where is the PDF icon?
The “official” Adobe pdf icons can be found at www.adobe.com/misc/linking.html. You will also find icons for “Get Adobe Reader” and “Get Adobe Flash Player” there.
Why has my Adobe icon changed?
Application file icons change to Acrobat or Reader icon on Windows. Solution 1: Fix the Windows registry. Solution 2: Force a refresh of the icon cache. Solution 3: Purge and rebuild the IconCache.
How do I open PDF files in Windows 7?
Right-click the PDF, choose Open With > Choose default program (or Choose another app in Windows 10). Choose Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC in the list of programs, and then do one of the following: (Windows 7 and earlier) Select Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
How do I change my default PDF viewer?
Changing the default pdf viewer (to Adobe Reader)
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings cog.
- In the Windows Settings display, select System.
- Within the System list, select Default apps.
- At the bottom of the Choose default apps page, select Set defaults by app.
- The Set Default Programs window will open.
How do I get Adobe to open PDF files?
Navigate to any PDF on your computer and right-click the document icon. Hover over the pop-up menu and click “Choose default program.” Click your version of Adobe Acrobat from the Recommended Programs list, then click the “OK” button to set your choice.
How do I change my default PDF viewer in Windows 10?
How to change default PDF reader using Settings
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Default apps.
- Click the Choose default app by file type option. Source: Windows Central. …
- Click the current default app for the . pdf file format and select the app you want to make the new default.
How do I fix Acrobat Reader DC?
How to repair Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- Close Acrobat/Reader and all open web browser windows.
- Select the Start button at the bottom left of your screen.
- Type Control Panel, then press Enter.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Select Acrobat or Adobe Reader, then Uninstall/Change.
- In the Setup dialog box, select Next.