How do I change my operating system Windows 10?
Method 2: Change Default Operating System in System Configuration
- Press Windows Key + R then type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Now in System Configuration window switch to Boot tab.
- Next, select the Operating System you want to set as default and then click on “Set as default” button.
- Click Apply followed by OK.
Can I change operating systems on my laptop?
Nope! You can install whichever OS you want as long as it’s compatible with your hardware. However, newer operating systems are generally preferable since most programs are designed with them in mind and might have compatibility issues with older operating systems.
How do I change my default operating system?
Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. …
- Click either box to finish the process.
How do I remove choose an operating system Windows 10?
Follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type msconfig in the search box or open Run.
- Go to Boot.
- Select which Windows version you’d like to boot into directly.
- Press Set as Default.
- You can delete the earlier version by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft is set to release Windows 11, the latest version of its best-selling operating system, on Oct. 5. Windows 11 features several upgrades for productivity in a hybrid work environment, a new Microsoft store, and is the “best Windows ever for gaming.”
How do I change Windows boot manager?
Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.
What is the cost of Windows 10 operating system?
You can choose from three versions of the Windows 10 operating system. Windows 10 Home costs $139 and is suited for a home computer or gaming. Windows 10 Pro costs $199.99 and is suited for businesses or large enterprises.
How do I install a new operating system on my laptop?
Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive. Windows Setup starts. Follow the instructions to install Windows.
How do I install a new operating system on my computer?
Operating System Installation Tasks
- Set up the display environment. …
- Erase the primary boot disk. …
- Set up the BIOS. …
- Install the operating system. …
- Configure your server for RAID. …
- Install the operating system, update the drivers, and run operating system updates, as necessary.
How do I change my default operating system in BIOS?
Through System Configuration
- Open the Start Menu, type msconfig in the search line, and press Enter.
- Click on the Boot tab. ( …
- Select a listed operating system that is not already set as the Default OS, and click on the Set as default button to make the selected OS the new default instead. ( …
- Click on OK. (
How do I change my Windows operating system?
To change the default OS Setting in Windows:
- In Windows, choose Start > Control Panel. …
- Open the Startup Disk control panel.
- Select the startup disk with the operating system you want to use by default.
- If you want to start up that operating system now, click Restart.
How do I choose my operating system on startup?
Steps to Choose a Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10
- First of all right click on Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Go to System and Security. Click on System. …
- Go to Advanced tab. …
- Under Default Operating System, you will find the dropdown box for choosing the default operating system.
How do I fix choose operating system?
To Choose Default OS in System Configuration (msconfig)
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Configuration.
- Click/tap on the Boot tab, select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the “default OS”, click/tap on Set as default, and click/tap on OK. (
How do I stop Windows from asking what operating system I have?
Click on the Settings button under “Startup and Recovery” section. In the Startup and Recovery window, click the Drop-down menu under “Default operating system”. Choose the desired operating system. Also, uncheck “Times to display a list of operating systems“ checkbox.