Can you change boot order in BIOS?
From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter. Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list. …
How do I select boot option on Dell laptop?
Power the computer off. Power the computer on and, at the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 function key rapidly until you see Preparing one-time boot menu appear in the top right corner of the screen. At the boot menu, select the device under UEFI BOOT that matches your media type (USB or DVD).
How do I change the boot order in Windows 10 BIOS?
Once the computer boots up, it will take you to the Firmware settings.
- Switch to Boot Tab.
- Here you will see Boot Priority which will list connected hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and USB drive if any.
- You can use the arrow keys or + & – on your keyboard to change the order.
- Save and Exit.
How do I change boot options?
Generally, the steps go like this:
- Restart or turn on the computer.
- Press the key or keys to enter the Setup program. As a reminder, the most common key used to enter the Setup program is F1. …
- Choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence. …
- Set the boot order. …
- Save the changes and exit the Setup program.
How do I change the boot drive without BIOS?
If you install each OS in a separate drive, then you could switch between both OSes by selecting a different drive every time you boot without the need to get into the BIOS. If you use the save drive you could use Windows Boot Manager menu to select the OS when you start your computer without getting into the BIOS.
What should be the boot order in BIOS?
Configure the 1st Boot Device as Floppy, 2nd Boot Device as CD-ROM, and 3rd Boot Device as IDE-O, or whatever your boot hard drive is. Save and Exit from BIOS.
How do I change Windows Boot Manager settings?
To edit boot options in Windows, use BCDEdit (BCDEdit.exe), a tool included in Windows. To use BCDEdit, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the computer. You can also use the System Configuration utility (MSConfig.exe) to change boot settings.
What is the F12 boot menu?
If a Dell computer is unable to boot into the Operating System (OS), the BIOS update can be initiated using the F12 One Time Boot menu. Most Dell computers manufactured after 2012 have this function and you can confirm by booting the computer to the F12 One Time Boot menu.
How do I open the boot menu on a Dell?
During the Power-on Self Test (POST), when the Dell logo appears, you can:
- Access System Setup by pressing F2 key.
- Bring up the one-time boot menu by pressing F12 key.