How do I remove an Administrator from my laptop?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
How do I change the Administrator name on my laptop?
How to change your Microsoft account administrator name
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Computer Management and select it from the list.
- Select the arrow next to Local Users and Groups to expand it.
- Select Users.
- Right-click Administrator and select Rename.
- Type a new name.
How do I make myself Administrator on my laptop?
How to change user account type using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Under the “User Accounts” section, click the Change account type option. …
- Select the account that you want to change. …
- Click the Change the account type option. …
- Select either Standard or Administrator as required. …
- Click the Change Account Type button.
How do I disable administrator account?
Enabling/Disabling Built-in Administrator Account in Windows 10
- Go to Start menu (or press Windows key + X) and select “Computer Management”.
- Then expand to “Local Users and Groups”, then “Users”.
- Select the “Administrator” and then right-click and select “Properties”.
- Uncheck “Account is disabled” to enable it.
How do I change the Administrator on my HP laptop?
On the Accounts window, select Family & other users, and then select the user account you want to change in the Other users area. Select Change account type. Click the Account type drop-down menu. Select Administrator, and then click OK.
Why can’t I change my account name on Windows 10?
Follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, then click User Accounts.
- Click the Change account type, then select your local account.
- In the left pane, you’ll see the option Change the account name.
- Just click it, input a new account name, and click Change Name.
Why is access denied when I am the administrator?
Access denied message can sometimes appear even while using an administrator account. … Windows folder Access Denied administrator – Sometimes you might get this message while trying to access the Windows folder. This usually occurs due to your antivirus, so you might have to disable it.
How do I make my account an administrator?
- Click Start.
- Type Add User.
- Select Add, edit, or remove other users.
- Click Add someone else to this PC.
- Follow the prompts to add a new user. …
- Once the account is created, click it, then click Change account type.
- Select Administrator and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
How do I enable administrator account?
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type net user and then press the Enter key. NOTE: You will see both the Administrator and Guest accounts listed. To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key.