Under System Settings > Applications > Default Applications > Web Browser, change the “Open http and https URLs” setting to “in the following application” and choose your preferred browser from the dropdown list, then apply the change.
Does Linux have a default browser?
Most Linux distributions ships with a Mozilla Firefox browser installed and set by default. So if you have never changed the default settings, then all your links or URLs will always be open in the Mozilla Firefox. … It is very easy to change a default web browser from a graphical user interface.
How do I change default browser in Ubuntu?
How to Change the Default Browser in Ubuntu
- Open ‘System Settings’
- Select the ‘Details’ item.
- Select ‘Default Applications’ in the sidebar.
- Change the ‘Web’ entry from ‘Firefox’ to your preferred choice.
How do I choose which browser opens a link?
To fix this, change the default web browser:
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Default Applications.
- Click on Default Applications to open the panel.
- Choose which web browser you would like to open links by changing the Web option.
How do I change the default app in Linux?
Change the default application
- Select a file of the type whose default application you want to change. For example, to change which application is used to open MP3 files, select a . …
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- Select the Open With tab.
- Select the application you want and click Set as default.
How do I open the browser in Linux terminal?
For opening a URL in the browser through the terminal, CentOS 7 users can use gio open command. For example, if you want to open google.com then gio open https://www.google.com will open google.com URL in the browser.
How do I change my default browser in Linux Mint?
Re: [SOLVED] Change default browser on Mint 17.2 / XFCE
- In Thunderbird go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Config Editor -> …
- Then in the search bar type in: …
- Set them to True.
- When you next click on a link in Thunderbird , it will prompt for the application to open this link. …
- Check this page:
How do I force a URL to open in a different browser?
However, you can open a URL using a shortcut to a non-default browser using these steps:
- Right-click a blank area of the desktop and select “New” > “Shortcut“.
- Provide the name for the shortcut. You will probably want to use the name of the website in most cases.
- Select “Next“.
- Select “Finish“.
Can you open a link in a specific browser?
Short answer you can’t specify that a specific browser will be opened by a hyperlink. If you are viewing a web page or an app or something that shows a hyperlink and you click on that link then the operating system will receive an event that indicates a hyperlink was launched.