To configure your Folder Options in Windows 10, you’ll need to begin by opening up a window in File Explorer. This can be done by clicking on your computer, or just pulling open the Documents tab from the Start menu. Once here, click in the top left hand “File” menu, and select “Change folder and search options”.
How do I get to folder Options in Windows 10?
To open Folder Options of File Explorer in Windows 10, do the following. Open This PC in File Explorer. In the Ribbon user interface of Explorer, click File -> Change folder and search options. The Folder Options dialog will open.
How do I change folder options to show details?
Change Folder Options
- In the desktop, click or tap the File Explorer button on the taskbar.
- Click or tap the Options button on the View tab, and then click or tap Change folder and search options.
- Click or tap the General tab.
- Select a Browse folders option to display each folder in the same window or its own window.
How do I get to folder Options?
To access Folder Options :
- From the Start menu, open Control Panel.
- In Windows 7, click Appearance and Personalization, and then Folder Options. In Windows Vista and XP, double-click Folder Options.
How do I change the default folder for all folders in Windows 10?
Set a default Folder View for all folders
- Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout settings.
- Navigate to the View tab in ribbon bar on the top and change the settings per your wish.
How do I assign a file type in Windows 10?
Windows 10 uses Settings instead of Control Panel to make changes to file type associations.
- Right-click the Start button (or hit the WIN+X hotkey) and choose Settings.
- Select Apps from the list.
- Choose Default apps on the left.
- Scroll down a little and select Choose default apps by file type.
How do I change the view in File Explorer?
Open File Explorer. Click the View tab at the top of the window. In the Layout section, select Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium Icons, Small icons, List, Details, Tiles, or Content to change to the view you want to see.
How do I change the default folder?
To change the setting, open Explorer, click on File and then click on Change folder and search options.
- In the dialog that pops up, you should already be on the General tab. …
- Just pick whichever folder you prefer and you’re good to go!
How do I make folders look the same in Windows 10?
Click Options/Change folder and Search options. In the Folder Options window, click the View Tab and click the Apply to Folders button. This will display most of the folders in the List View. There may be some specialty folders (Pictures, wallpaper, etc) that still display in the Icons View.
How do I change my default view to details?
Change the view
Begin by changing the view to what you want it to be. In this example, click the View tab and then click Details. This is my preferred view, and what I want to see as the default at all times.
How do I change the default file manager in Windows 10?
With File Explorer open, tap or click the File option at the top of the window and choose Change folder and search options. Once the Folder Options window opens, tap or click the dropdown box for Open File Explorer to and make your choice. Hit OK to save it.
Which button is used to change the view of files and folders?
Change the Explorer Layout
In the desktop, click or tap the File Explorer button on the taskbar. Open the folder window you want to change. Click or tap the View tab. Select the layout pane button you want to show or hide: Preview Pane, Details Pane, or Navigation Pane (and then click or tap Navigation pane).
How do I open folder Options in Windows?
How to Open Folder Options in Windows 10
- Open the File Explorer.
- Tap on View and click on Options.
- If you want to open folders in just a single click, then select the single click option. …
- Under View Tab, you can enable options by reading them.
Where is folder Options in Control Panel?
Select Start > Control Panel. In the Control Panel dialog, double-click Appearance and Personalization. In the Appearance And Personalization dialog box, double-click Folder Options, or click Show Hidden Files and Folders under Folder Options.