How do I bypass the lock screen on Windows 8?
How to bypass the Windows 8 lock screen
- Hit the Start key, type gpedit. msc , and press Enter. …
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization.
- Double click “Do not display the lock screen,” and select Enabled from the dialog that pops up. Click OK.
How do I get past the login screen?
When a window pops up with all your Windows accounts, select one of your user accounts and then click the Reset Password button. It will reset Windows login password immediately. Take out the CD or USB drive and reboot your computer, Windows should log into your account automatically, and thus bypass the login screen.
How do you get into Windows 8 if you forgot your password?
If you’ve forgotten your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. …
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
How do I unlock my HP laptop if I forgot the password Windows 8?
Select I forgot my password, and then click Reset your password. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. When the password is reset, you will be able to use your Microsoft account with the new password to sign in to Windows 8.
What do you do if you forget your Windows 7 password?
Windows 7: Use your Windows Password reset disk or USB drive
- On the login screen, click on Reset passwords.
- Plug in your USB key (or floppy disk). Click Next.
- Type in your new password and a password hint. Click on Next.
How can I reset my laptop password without losing Windows 8?
Choose Windows Type, then select the Username of which you want to change password. Select the “Reset” option, and after that, click “Reboot” to reboot your computer. Finally, you have successfully reset the password of Windows 8.