Why is my Synaptics touchpad not working?
If you’re having issues with your Synaptics touchpad on Windows 10, the problem might be related to your drivers. … If the default driver doesn’t work, go to your touchpad manufacturer’s website and download an older driver. Once you install the older driver, check if the problem still persists.
How do I fix Synaptics touchpad settings missing?
How to Fix Synaptics TouchPad Settings Missing in Windows
- Restart Your Laptop. The first step to troubleshoot any issue is to restart the device. …
- Update Driver from Device Manager. …
- Use Windows Update to Upgrade Driver. …
- Roll Back Driver. …
- Download Synaptics App.
How do I turn my touchpad back on Windows 10?
Using a mouse and keyboard
Press the Windows key , type touchpad, and press Enter . Or, press Windows key + I to open Settings and choose Devices, then Touchpad. In the Touchpad Settings window, click the Touchpad toggle switch to the On position.
Why my touchpad is not working?
If the touchpad device is not working correctly, you can try updating the drivers. Click the Change settings button, click the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button. Click the Search automatically option to allow Windows to look for an updated driver on the computer and the Internet.
How do I unfreeze my touchpad?
- On your keyboard, hold down the Fn key and press the touchpad key (or F7, F8, F9, F5, depending on the laptop brand you’re using).
- Move your mouse and check if the mouse frozen on laptop issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
What to do if cursor is not moving?
Look for a Touchpad switch on the keyboard
The first thing to do is check for any button on your keyboard which has an icon that looks like a touchpad with a line through it. Press it and see if the cursor starts moving again. If not, check your row of function keys at the top of the keyboard.