How can I find my administrator name and password on my Mac?
Mac OS X
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Users & Groups icon.
- On the left side of window that opens, locate your account name in the list. If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this machine.
How do I reset my Mac administrator password?
Reset your Mac login password
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.
- Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
- Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.
What if I forgot my administrator password?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
Restart and enter Recovery mode (for 10.7 Lion and newer OS only)
- Hold ⌘ + R on startup.
- Open Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Type resetpassword and follow the instructions.
How do you reset the administrator name on a Mac?
How to Change Admin Name
- Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Click the Padlock symbol on the lower left-hand corner of this dialogue box.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- Control Click on the name you wish to change.
- Click Advanced Options.
How do you bypass a Mac password?
3. Use Recovery Mode to reset your password
- Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
- Press the power button while holding down Command + R. …
- When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. …
- Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
- Choose Utilities > Terminal.
What is the default admin password for Mac?
There is no “default” password. Who knows what it was set to. You can reset it by booting off the installer DVD and telling it to reset the admin password.
How do I turn off automatic login on my Mac?
Disable Automatic Login on macOS
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Users & Groups.
- There is an option to turn Automatic login On or Off. Set it to Off.
How do I delete an administrator account on my Mac?
How to delete an admin account on your Mac computer
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left. …
- Select the padlock icon. …
- Enter your password. …
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom. …
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
Why is my Mac asking for an administrator password?
Your Mac asks you to enter the name and password of an admin account when it needs to verify that you have permission to make changes. For example, you must authenticate as an administrator when you click the lock in System Preferences, enter certain commands in Terminal, or set a firmware password.