How do I enable recent documents in Windows 7?
How to View “Recent Items” in the Windows 7 Start Menu
- Click on the “Start” button in the lower left hand side of your screen and the Start menu will appear.
- Right click on the Start Menu and select “Properties”. …
- Check “Recent Items” and then hit the “OK” button.
How do I add recent documents?
Method 2: Make a Desktop Shortcut to the Recent Items Folder
- Right-click on the desktop.
- In the Context Menu, choose New.
- Select Shortcut.
- In the box, “type the location of the item”, enter %AppData%MicrosoftWindowsRecent
- Click Next.
- Name the shortcut Recent Items or a different name if desired.
- Click Finish.
How do I increase the number of recent files displayed in the taskbar?
Right click the Start Button and click Properties. Select the Customize Button. At the bottom of that configuration dialog you will see the settings for increasing the number of recent items in the Jump Lists. Hope this helps.
How do I restore recent items?
To Restore That Important Missing File or Folder:
- Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Restore your files with File History.
- Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
- When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location.
How do I restore recent documents in Windows 7?
Here’s how to get the old Recent Items menu back on the Start Menu (see Figure 7): Right-click on the Taskbar and select Properties. On the window that opens, select the Start Menu tab and click the Customize button. Scroll down, select Recent Items, and click OK.
How do I clear my recent documents in Windows 7?
To delete, you can either right-click on Recent Items from the start menu and select Clear recent items list or you can empty the folder from inside Windows Explorer.
How do I add recent documents to quick access?
In this way, the folder acts more like the old Favorites menu of Windows 8.
- Add recent files to Quick Access in Windows 10. …
- Open an Explorer window. …
- Click File in the top left corner. …
- Uncheck ‘Show frequently used folders in Quick access’. …
- Drag and drop the file or folder you want to add into the Quick Access window.
How do I find recent documents?
Press Windows Key + E. Under File Explorer, select Quick access. Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.
How do I view recent documents in quick access?
Step 1: Open the Folder Options dialog. To do that, click the File menu and then click Options/Change folder and search options. Step 2: Under the General tab, navigate to the Privacy section. Here, make sure that Show recently used files in Quick access check box is selected.
How do I increase the number of recent documents?
Change the number of Recent files in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Open the Microsoft Office app.
- Go to Options.
- Switch to Advanced tab.
- Find out Display heading.
- Change the number in Show this number of Recent Workbooks box.
- Save your change.
How many programs are pinned to the taskbar?
Explanation: Around 12 programs are pinned to the taskbar.
How do I show recent files in file explorer?
The fastest way to access the all recent files folder is pressing “Windows + R” to open the Run dialog and typing “recent”. You can then hit enter. The above step will open an Explorer window with all your recent files. You can edit the options like any other search, as well as delete the recent files you want.
How do I show recent documents in Start menu?
Recent Files Shortcut
Once the desktop icon has been created, right-click it and select ‘Pin to Start’ from the context menu. When you click the Recent Items tile on the Start Menu, it will open the File Explorer listing all the files and folders you recently accessed.
How do I restore file history?
To restore the folder and all its contents, follow these steps: Type “restore” in Windows 10’s search box and then click “Restore your files with File History” in the search results. The File History window will open, displaying all of the backed up folders. Double-click the Documents folder.