If you’re still having problems downloading macOS High Sierra, try to find the partially-downloaded macOS 10.13 files and a file named ‘Install macOS 10.13’ on your hard drive. Delete them, then reboot your Mac and try to download macOS High Sierra again.
Can’t delete install macOS High Sierra?
I found Rick’s solution worked for me, but I’ve added a few more steps.
- Click the symbol in the Menu bar.
- Click Restart….
- Hold down Command + R to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Click Utilities.
- Select Terminal.
- Type csrutil disable . …
- Press Return or Enter on your keyboard.
- Click the symbol in the Menu bar.
Why can’t I update from High Sierra?
4, try the tips below to get this problem fixed: Open Launchpad > Delete “Install macOS Sierra” file with a question mark on it. Reboot Mac and retry downloading a new macOS Sierra update 10.13/10.13. … Click Apple Menu > Select App Store > Click Update next to macOS Sierra in the Update section.
How do I manually install macOS High Sierra?
How to Perform a Clean Install of macOS High Sierra
- Step 1: Backup Your Mac. As noted, we’re going to completely erase everything on the Mac. …
- Step 2: Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Installer. …
- Step 3: Erase and Reformat the Mac’s Boot Drive. …
- Step 4: Install macOS High Sierra. …
- Step 5: Restore Data, Files and Apps.
What happens if I delete install macOS High Sierra?
2 Answers. It is safe to delete, you will just be unable to install macOS Sierra until you re-download the installer from the Mac AppStore. Nothing at all except you would have to download it again if you ever need it. After install, the file would usually be deleted anyway, unless you move it to another location.
Where can I download macOS High Sierra installer?
How to Download the Full “Install macOS High Sierra. app” Application
- Go to dosdude1.com here and download the High Sierra patcher application*
- Launch “MacOS High Sierra Patcher” and ignore everything about patching, instead pull down the “Tools” menu and choose “Download MacOS High Sierra”
Is High Sierra still supported?
In keeping with Apple’s release cycle, Apple will stop releasing new security updates for macOS High Sierra 10.13 following its full release of macOS Big Sur. … As a result, we are now phasing out software support for all Mac computers running macOS 10.13 High Sierra and will end support on December 1, 2020.
Can High Sierra 10.13 6 be upgraded?
If your computer is running macOS High Sierra 10.13 or older it will need to be upgraded – make a note of your installed macOS version and your computer’s model and year as that information will be helpful when upgrading macOS.
How do I update my Mac when it says no updates available?
Click Updates in the App Store toolbar.
- Use the Update buttons to download and install any updates listed.
- When the App Store shows no more updates, the installed version of MacOS and all of its apps are up-to-date.
Why is macOS Sierra not installing?
macOS Sierra problems: Not enough space to install
If you get an error message while installing macOS Sierra saying that you don’t have enough hard drive space, then restart your Mac and boot into safe mode. … Then restart your Mac and try to install macOS Sierra again.
Why is High Sierra damaged?
As first reported by OSXDaily.com, a fix is quite simple. The cause of this error is an expired certificate, and because the certificate is expired, the “Install macOS” app for Mojave, Sierra, and High Sierra will not run. Fortunately, there is a fairly simple solution to the “damaged” installer problem.
How do I fix my Mac High Sierra?
Additional Steps to Fix macOS High Sierra Needs To Repair Your Library
- Go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and choose Restart from the menu.
- Hold both Command and R keys to enter Recovery Mode. …
- Select Reinstall macOS.
- Choose your hard drive, usually MacintoshHD (or whatever you named your drive)
Can I still download macOS High Sierra?
Is Mac OS High Sierra still available? Yes, Mac OS High Sierra is still available to download. I can also be downloaded as an update from the Mac App Store and as an installation file. … There are newer versions of the OS available too, with a security update for 10.13.
How do I make my OSX High Sierra bootable USB?
To install High Sierra from a USB using your startup disk drive:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Startup Disk and select the installer.
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down Command (⌘) + R to boot into recovery mode.
- Connect your macOS High Sierra bootable USB.
- Within a few seconds, a macOS Utility screen should pop up.
How fresh install OSX High Sierra USB?
Create a bootable macOS installer
- Download macOS High Sierra from the App Store. …
- When it’s finished, the installer will launch. …
- Plug in the USB stick and launch Disk Utilities. …
- Click the Erase tab and make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in the format tab.
- Give the USB stick a name, then click Erase.