Instead of rebooting, take a look in these two places: Open Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information. Here you will find System Summary on the left and its contents on the right. Find the BIOS Version option and your BIOS flash version displayed.
Can you change BIOS settings without restarting?
1) Press and hold Shift, then turn off the system. 2) Press and hold the function key on your computer that allows you to go into BIOS settings, F1, F2, F3, Esc, or Delete (please consult your PC manufacturer or go through your user manual). Then click the power button.
How do I check my BIOS settings?
Finding the BIOS Version on Windows Computers Using the BIOS Menu
- Restart the computer.
- Open the BIOS menu. As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter the computer BIOS menu. …
- Find the BIOS version. In the BIOS menu, look for BIOS Revision, BIOS Version, or Firmware Version.
Can you enter BIOS setup after the system has booted?
After your PC boots back up, you will be met with a special menu that gives you the option to “Use a device,” “Continue,” “Turn off your PC,” or “Troubleshoot.” Within this window, select “Advanced options” then select “UEFI Firmware Settings.” This will allow you to enter BIOS on your Windows 10 PC.
How do I get to boot menu without restarting?
And if can’t access Desktop
- Start the Windows and as soon as you see Windows logo; press and hold the power button to force shutdown it.
- You can also pull out the power supply (or battery) to force shutdown it.
- Repeat this 2-4 times and Windows will open up boot options for you.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item.
How do you check if my BIOS is working properly?
Method 5: Run a Command Prompt Command
- Open Command Prompt. …
- Type this command, followed by Enter: wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion.
- You should see the BIOS version appear just below the command you entered.
How do I know if I have UEFI or BIOS?
How to Check If Your Computer Uses UEFI or BIOS
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run box. Type MSInfo32 and hit Enter.
- On the right pane, find the “BIOS Mode”. If your PC uses BIOS, it will display Legacy. If it is using UEFI so it will display UEFI.
What happens when reset BIOS?
Resetting your BIOS restores it to the last saved configuration, so the procedure can also be used to revert your system after making other changes. Whatever situation you may be dealing with, remember that resetting your BIOS is a simple procedure for new and experienced users alike.
How do I get into UEFI without BIOS?
Type msinfo32 and press Enter to open the System Information screen. Select System Summary on the left-hand side pane. Scroll down on the right-hand side pane and look for the BIOS Mode option. Its value should either be UEFI or Legacy.
How do I reset my computer BIOS?
Reset from Setup Screen
- Shut your computer down.
- Power your computer back up, and immediately press the key that enters the BIOS setup screen. …
- Use the arrow keys to navigate through the BIOS menu to find the option to reset the computer to its default, fall-back or factory settings. …
- Restart your computer.