Put it in the trash by dragging it to the trash, pressing Command-Delete, or by clicking the “File” menu or the Gear icon > “Move to Trash” If you see any other “Install macOS” such-and-such programs that you don’t want anymore go ahead and delete those as well as they are enormous files.
Can I delete install macOS?
It is safe to delete, you will just be unable to install macOS Sierra until you re-download the installer from the Mac AppStore. Nothing at all except you would have to download it again if you ever need it. After install, the file would usually be deleted anyway, unless you move it to another location.
Can I delete old Mac OS?
No, they aren’t. If it’s a regular update, I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s been a while since I remember there was an OS X “archive and install” option, and in any case you would need to select it. Once it’s done it should free up the space of any old components.
What happens if you erase your Mac?
A factory reset will wipe your Mac computer, restoring its software to the state it was in when you first turned it on. That means that all your personal files and data will disappear.
How do I uninstall Mac OS?
Uninstall OS X El Capitan manually
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left part of the desktop and select Restart from the drop-down.
- As the machine is restarting, press Command + R.
- Select Disk Utility on the Mac OS X Utilities screen and click Continue.
- Highlight the startup disk and hit Erase tab.
11 окт. 2015 г.
Is it safe to delete install macOS Mojave?
3 Answers. It should be in Applications, as “Install macOS Mojave” – just in case you were looking for it under “M”. The installer is simply an app, so like any app, just put it in the trash and empty the trash.
Can I delete iMovie from MAC?
Option 1: Head to the Applications folder in the Finder, select iMovie icon and drag it to the Trash in the dock to begin the uninstall process. Alternatively you can highlight iMovie with a single click and move it to the Trash by pressing Cmd + Del buttons.
What happens if you delete Macintosh HD?
You won’t lose your own files, or apps that you might have installed. … This reinstall just copies a fresh set of your operating system files. Then, restarts, finishes the install with those downloaded files. The install process might take more than 30 minutes, but you should boot back into your hard drive, no harm done.
How do I free up space on my Mac for free?
How to free up storage space manually
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. …
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. …
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
11 дек. 2020 г.
How do I delete photos from my Mac to free up space?
How to Delete Photos From Mac Using Photos App
- Open the Photos app. …
- Click Photos.
- Click the image you want to delete. …
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard or right-click and select Delete Photo.
- Click Delete.
- Your images are now deleted from your computer as well as all other devices connected to your iCloud account.
29 янв. 2021 г.
How do I wipe my Mac before selling it?
What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac
- Create a backup. Make sure that you have a current backup of your important files. …
- Sign out of iTunes in macOS Mojave or earlier. …
- Sign out of iCloud. …
- Sign out of iMessage. …
- Reset NVRAM. …
- Optional: Unpair Bluetooth devices that you’re keeping. …
- Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS.
4 июн. 2020 г.
Why can’t I erase my Mac?
If you’re trying to reformat or erase the startup disk on your Mac, you need to boot into Recovery Mode first. The startup disk is the main hard drive on your computer: the one that stores macOS and all your data. It’s not usually possible to erase the startup disk because your Mac is using it to run macOS.
Does erasing Mac remove iCloud?
Just wiping your Mac, it turns out, won’t get rid of its association with you. Unless you separate it from your actual iCloud account, you’ll still be able to track your old Mac, at least until its new owner signs into their own iCloud account.
How do I completely remove zoom from my Mac?
Uninstalling the Zoom client for macOS
- Open the Zoom desktop application.
- Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
- Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
- Once completed, you can reinstall Zoom on our download center.
4 дня назад
How do I delete an app from my Mac that won’t delete?
Press and hold the Option (⌥) key, or click and hold any app until the apps jiggle. either didn’t come from the App Store or are required by your Mac. To delete an app that didn’t come from the App Store, use the Finder instead.
How do you uninstall a software update on a Mac?
Click the Apple () icon in the top left corner of your screen, then select and click System Preferences… from the dropdown menu. Click App Store from the System Preferences menu. Uncheck Download newly available updates in the background by clicking on the blue box with the white checkmark.