How do I get my desktop icons back to default?
How to restore and show default desktop icons in Windows 10
- The standard desktop icons in Windows 10. …
- Show shortcuts on your desktop. …
- Hide shortcuts from your desktop. …
- Press Personalize. …
- Click or tap on Themes. …
- Access Desktop icon settings. …
- Select the icon from the highlighted area. …
- Press on Restore Default.
How do I fix my desktop icons in Windows 10?
Show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
Why are my icons not showing on my desktop Windows 10?
To begin, check for desktop icons not showing in Windows 10 (or prior versions) by ensuring that they are turned on to start with. You can do so by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting View and verify Show desktop icons has a check beside it. … Go into Themes and select Desktop icon settings.
Why are my icons spread out?
If you find irregular spacing between your display icons, this method can fix the problem. … Alternatively, you can change the size of icons by using ‘Ctrl key + Scroll mouse button‘ combinations. Press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and move the scroll wheel of the mouse to adjust the size of the icons.
Why do icons change on my desktop?
This problem most commonly arises when installing new software, but it can also be caused by previously installed applications. The issue is generally caused by a file association error with . LNK files (Windows shortcuts) or .
Where did all my desktop icons go Windows 10?
Make sure you have enabled the “Show desktop icon” feature on Windows 10: Right-click your desktop, click View, and check Show desktop icons. Check to see if your desktop icons are back.
How do I switch to desktop mode?
2. Tap and hold on the Refresh icon at the top-right of the screen (1). Select Request Desktop Site option (2).
Why are the icons on my desktop not working?
Make sure the Show Desktop icons feature is enabled
Here’s how to do that: Right-click on the empty area on your desktop. Choose View and you should see the Show Desktop icons option. Try checking and unchecking Show Desktop icons option a few times but remember to leave this option checked.