On the Users tab, find the user account you want to change under the Users for this computer section. Click that user account name. Click the Properties option in the user account window. On the Group Membership tab, select the Administrator group to set the user account to an administrator account.
How do I change my account from standard to administrator Windows 7?
Open Settings and access Accounts.
- Click or tap on Accounts settings. …
- Press on the account you want to edit to reveal the Change account type option. …
- Pressing the Account type field opens a dropdown menu. …
- Select the Administrator or Standard User account type and press OK. …
- Access the Change account type link.
How do I make myself the administrator Windows 7?
On the Manage Accounts window, click to select the standard user account you want to promote to administrator. Click the Change the account type option from the left. Select the Administrator radio button and click the Change Account Type button. Now, the account should be an administrator.
How do I upgrade my user account to administrator?
How to change user account type using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Under the “User Accounts” section, click the Change account type option. …
- Select the account that you want to change. …
- Click the Change the account type option. …
- Select either Standard or Administrator as required. …
- Click the Change Account Type button.
How do I change the administrator on my computer?
How to Change Administrator on Windows 10 via Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. …
- Then click Settings. …
- Next, select Accounts.
- Choose Family & other users. …
- Click on a user account under the Other users panel.
- Then select Change account type. …
- Choose Administrator in the Change account type dropdown.
Why am I not the administrator on my computer windows 7?
This may happen if the administrator account is corrupted. You may try creating a new administrator account and check. Note: You must restart your computer when you enable or disable UAC. Changing levels of notification does not require that you restart your computer.
How can I reset the administrator password in Windows 7?
How to reset Windows 7 Administrator Password
- Boot the OS into recovery mode.
- Choose the startup repair option.
- Make a backup of Utilman and save it with a new name. …
- Make a copy of command prompt and rename it as Utilman.
- In the next boot, click the Ease of Access icon, the command prompt is launched.
How do I enable my hidden administrator account?
Double-click on the Administrator entry in the middle pane to open its properties dialog. Under the General tab, uncheck the option labelled Account is disabled, and then click Apply button to enable the built-in admin account.
How do I enable Internet administrator?
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type net user and then press the Enter key. NOTE: You will see both the Administrator and Guest accounts listed. To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key.
How do I make my account an administrator?
- Click Start.
- Type Add User.
- Select Add, edit, or remove other users.
- Click Add someone else to this PC.
- Follow the prompts to add a new user. …
- Once the account is created, click it, then click Change account type.
- Select Administrator and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
How do I find my administrator username and password?
Press Windows key + R to open Run. Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. Select the User account you are using under the User tab. Check by clicking “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox and click on Apply.
How do I change administrator name?
To change the administrator name on your Microsoft account:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Computer Management and select it from the list.
- Select the arrow next to Local Users and Groups to expand it.
- Select Users.
- Right-click Administrator and select Rename.
- Type a new name.
How do I remove the Administrator password in Windows 10?
Step 2: Follow the steps below to delete the user profile:
- Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
- Enter the administrator password when prompted and click OK.
- Enter net user and press Enter. …
- Then type net user accname /del and press Enter.
How do I find out who the Administrator is on my computer?
Method 1: Check for administrator rights in Control Panel
Open Control Panel, and then go to User Accounts > User Accounts. 2. Now you will see your current logged-on user account display on the right side. If your account has administrator rights, you can see the word “Administrator” under your account name.
How do I change the Administrator on my Dell computer?
How to Find or Change a Computer’s Administrator
- Open your “Control Panel,” which is located on your “Start” menu under “Settings.” It may also be on your “Desktop.”
- Click on “Users Accounts.” This will show you the administrator of the computer.
- Look at the various things that you can do on this page.