Windows 10 users reported an issue when booting their computers. Instead of getting to the Windows loading screen, the PC boots directly into the BIOS. This unusual behavior could be triggered by different causes: recently changed/added hardware, hardware damage, improper hardware connections, and other issues.
How do I bypass BIOS on startup?
Access the BIOS and look for anything that refers to turning on, on/off, or showing the splash screen (the wording differs by BIOS version). Set the option to disabled or enabled, whichever is opposite of how it is currently set. When set to disabled, the screen no longer appears.
How do I boot into Windows instead of BIOS?
To boot to UEFI or BIOS:
- Boot the PC, and press the manufacturer’s key to open the menus. Common keys used: Esc, Delete, F1, F2, F10, F11, or F12. …
- Or, if Windows is already installed, from either the Sign on screen or the Start menu, select Power ( ) > hold Shift while selecting Restart.
How do I exit BIOS mode?
Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS setup utility. In the Setup Confirmation dialog box, press the ENTER key to save the changes and exit.
How do I fix the BIOS on my computer?
Fixing 0x7B Errors at Startup
- Shut down the computer and restart it.
- Start the BIOS or UEFI firmware setup program.
- Change the SATA setting to the correct value.
- Save settings and restart the computer.
- Select Start Windows Normally if prompted.
How do I reset my PC to BIOS?
Reset from Setup Screen
- Shut your computer down.
- Power your computer back up, and immediately press the key that enters the BIOS setup screen. …
- Use the arrow keys to navigate through the BIOS menu to find the option to reset the computer to its default, fall-back or factory settings. …
- Restart your computer.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
To enter BIOS from Windows 10
- Click –> Settings or click New notifications. …
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery, then Restart now.
- The Options menu will be seen after executing the above procedures. …
- Select Advanced options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Choose Restart.
- This displays the BIOS setup utility interface.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
The date has been announced: Microsoft will start offering Windows 11 on Oct. 5 to computers that fully meet its hardware requirements.
How do I install Windows 10 from BIOS?
After booting into BIOS, use the arrow key to navigate to the “Boot ” tab. Under “Boot mode select”, select UEFI (Windows 10 is supported by UEFI mode.) Press the “F10 ” key F10 to save the configuration of the settings before exiting (The computer will restart automatically after existing).
How do I adjust BIOS settings?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item.
Why can’t I exit BIOS?
If you can’t exit BIOS on your PC, the issue is most likely caused by your BIOS settings. … Enter BIOS, go to Security Options and disable Secure Boot. Now save changes and restart your PC. Enter BIOS again and this time go to Boot section.
How do I bypass UEFI BIOS utility?
Enter UEFI Setup to enable CSM or Legacy BIOS. Press “Del” when the ASUS logo appears on the screen to enter the BIOS. Press “Ctrl-Alt-Del” to restart the computer if the PC boots to Windows before loading the setup program. If this fails then I would reinstall to avoid future problems.