How do I make a shortcut icon on my Desktop?
To create a desktop icon or shortcut, do the following:
- Browse to the file on your hard disk for which you want to create a shortcut. …
- Right-click the file for which you want to create a shortcut.
- Select Create Shortcut from the menu. …
- Drag the shortcut to the desktop or any other folder.
- Rename the shortcut.
How do I create a shortcut on my desktop in Windows 10?
Method 1: Desktop Apps Only
- Select the Windows button to open the Start menu.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location. …
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.
How do I put a shortcut on my desktop in Windows 10?
If you are using Windows 10
- Click the Windows key, and then browse to the Office program for which you want to create a desktop shortcut.
- Left-click the name of the program, and drag it onto your desktop. A shortcut for the program appears on your desktop.
How do I create a website shortcut on my desktop?
To create a desktop shortcut to a website using Google Chrome, go to a website and click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of your browser window. Then go to More tools > Create shortcut. Finally, name your shortcut and click Create.