How do I get to the boot menu on an Intel motherboard?
The BIOS setup program can be used to view and change the BIOS settings for the computer. To access the settings, press the F2 key after the Power-On Self-Test (POST) memory test begins and before the operating system boot starts.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
What is the boot key for Intel motherboard?
Keyboard Prompts During Boot Process (POST) for Intel Desktop Boards
|Function key or Control key||Purpose|
|F8||Opens the Windows* boot option menu. This option allows you to boot into safe mode, enable boot logging, perform restore tasks, and more.|
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
To enter BIOS from Windows 10
- Click –> Settings or click New notifications. …
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery, then Restart now.
- The Options menu will be seen after executing the above procedures. …
- Select Advanced options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Choose Restart.
- This displays the BIOS setup utility interface.
What key do you press to enter BIOS?
Here’s a list of common BIOS keys by brand. Depending on the age of your model, the key may be different.
BIOS Keys by Manufacturer
- ASRock: F2 or DEL.
- ASUS: F2 for all PCs, F2 or DEL for Motherboards.
- Acer: F2 or DEL.
- Dell: F2 or F12.
- ECS: DEL.
- Gigabyte / Aorus: F2 or DEL.
- HP: F10.
- Lenovo (Consumer Laptops): F2 or Fn + F2.
Why do I have to press F2 on startup?
If new hardware was recently installed in your computer, you may receive the prompt “Press F1 or F2 to enter setup”. If you receive this message, the BIOS needs you to verify the configuration of your new hardware. Enter the CMOS setup, verify or change your hardware settings, save your configuration, and exit.
What is my BIOS button?
To access your BIOS, you’ll need to press a key during the boot-up process. This key is often displayed during the boot process with a message “Press F2 to access BIOS”, “Press
to enter setup”, or something similar. Common keys you may need to press include Delete, F1, F2, and Escape.
How do I boot from USB first?
Boot from USB: Windows
- Press the Power button for your computer.
- During the initial startup screen, press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10. …
- When you choose to enter BIOS Setup, the setup utility page will appear.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the BOOT tab. …
- Move USB to be first in the boot sequence.
How do I enter Windows BIOS?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
What is the boot menu key for Windows 10?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.