We also recommend double checking the push notification settings on your Android device to ensure notifications are turned on for the app. Try these steps: Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal.
Why does my text message not make a sound?
Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > and scroll down to the section Sounds and Vibration Patterns. In this section, look for Text Tone. If this says None or Vibrate Only, tap it and change the alert to something you like.
How do I get sound back on my text messages?
From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app. From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“. Select “Notifications“. Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do you unmute text messages on Android?
- Press and hold on the message thread (from the screen presented in the screenshot you’ve attached) And asee if you get the unmute button. …
- I found it by accident – it’s neither the long press (which enters selection mode) nor anything in the overflow menu (which is MORE on S6, nor the typical dots). …
How do I turn on text notifications on my Android?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
Why is my Samsung not making a sound when I get a text?
No message tone is heard on incoming messages on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 9.0. For you to hear the message tone when you get a message, the message tone needs to be turned on. Solution: Turn on the message tone. … Press the required message tones to hear them.
Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
If your Android is constantly notifying you of new or unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your messaging app’s cached or saved data. Sometimes these issues will clear up automatically upon receipt of a new message, so try asking someone to send you a message first.
How do I turn on text sound on Samsung?
Change the notification sound for text messages (SMS)
- From the home screen swipe either up or down to access apps.
- Tap the Samsung folder.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the notification category you’d like to change the sound for. …
- Tap Sound.
How do I turn on notification sounds?
Change notification sound
- Start by heading into your main system Settings.
- Find and tap on Sound and notification, your device may just say Sound.
- Find and tap on Default notification ringtone your device may say Notification Sound. …
- Choose a sound. …
- When you’ve chosen a sound, tap on OK to finish.
27 дек. 2014 г.
Why am I not getting a notification when one person texts me?
5 Answers. Your phone may not be on “Do Not Disturb,” but that conversation is – it’s a separate setting from your phone’s “Do Not Disturb” setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
How do you unmute a text conversation?
Verizon Messages – Android Smartphone – Mute / Unmute Conversations
- Open the Verizon Messages app .
- Select a conversation.
- Tap the Menu icon. (upper-right).
- Tap ‘Mute Conversation’ or ‘Unmute Conversation’. Muting a conversation disables notifications.
How do I unmute my android?
Pull the phone away from you and look at the display screen. You should see “Mute” located either on the right- or left-bottom corner of the screen. Press the key directly under the word “Mute,” regardless of what the key is actually labeled. The word “Mute” will change to “Unmute.”
How do you unmute notifications?
From the post: Tap the meatballs menu (●●●) in the upper right-hand corner, tap “Mute,” and then confirm your decision. You can also unmute the notifications on this post by following the same steps and tapping “Unmute” instead.
How do I fix my text messages not showing up?
If your messaging app stops, how do you fix it?
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options; Clear Data and Clear Cache. Tap on both.
Why do I get a text message from myself android?
If you use an Android smartphone, this happens when there is difficulty establishing a good connection between your phone and your network carrier. In a bid to deliver the message, several attempts are made, and in the process, you receive that same message you just sent to another person.
What is the difference between a text message and a SMS message?
SMS is an abbreviation for Short Message Service, which is a fancy name for a text message. However, while you might refer to a variety of different message types as simply a “text” in your daily life, the difference is that an SMS message contains only text (no pictures or videos) and is limited to 160 characters.