Clear Cache and Data in Message App. If your device has recently been updated to the latest version of Android, the old caches may not work with the new Android version. … So you can go to clear the message app’s cache and data to fix the “message app not working” issue.
How do I fix my messaging app on my Android?
How to fix messaging on your Android phone
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options at the bottom: Clear data and Clear cache.
Why is my text message not working Android?
If your Android won’t send text messages, the first thing you should do is make sure you have a decent signal — without cell or Wi-Fi connectivity, those texts are going nowhere. A soft reset of an Android can usually fix an issue with outgoing texts, or you can also force a power cycle reset.
How do I reset my messaging app?
Search for Settings in the App Drawer. Once there, select Apps and Notifications > See All Apps and choose the app you want to reset. Once selected, go to Advanced then tap Open By Default. Tap Clear Defaults.
How do you refresh messages on Android?
Head to Settings > Apps & Notifications > All Apps > and tap on Messages. Now, simply tap Storage and hit the Clear Cache button. This won’t erase any of your messages, so don’t worry. It just clears residual leftover files and gives the app a fresh start.
Why are my texts not being delivered?
1. Invalid Numbers. This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.
Why can I send texts but not receive them?
Update your preferred texting app. Updates often resolve obscure issues or bugs that may prevent your texts from sending. Clear the text app’s cache. Then, reboot the phone and restart the app.
Why is my Samsung phone not receiving text messages?
If your Samsung can send but Android not receiving texts, the first thing you need to try is to clear the Messages app’s cache and data. Head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear Cache. After clearing the cache, head back to the setting menu and select Clear Data this time. Then restart your device.
How do I reset my message settings on my Samsung?
Follow these steps to reset SMS settings to default values on Android:
- Open Messages.
- Choose Settings.
- Reset all settings to factory values.
- Restart your device.
Why is my Android phone not receiving texts from iphones?
How to Fix Android Phone Not Receiving Texts from iPhone? The only fix for this problem is to remove, unlink or deregister your Phone Number from Apple’s iMessage Service. Once your Phone Number gets delinked from iMessage, iPhone users will be able to send you SMS Text Messages using your Carriers Network.
How do I fix message has stopped?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Apps (Applications > Application Manager) and select the All Apps filter.
- Scroll down and tap on Messaging.
- Tap on Force Close (Force Stop) and wait until the option becomes greyed out.
- Open the Messaging app again and see if the issue repeats.
How do I change my text message settings?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred: …
- Configure the following ringtone options:
How do I fix message not sent?
How to Fix it: Text messages not sending, Android
- Check your network connection. …
- Force stop the Messages app. …
- Or restart your phone. …
- Get the most up-to-date version of Messages. …
- Clear the Messages cache. …
- Check that the issue isn’t with just one contact. …
- Verify that your SIM card is properly installed.