If you choose to install them for just your user, you can move the folder to ~/. local/share/icons/. For a system-wide installation, place them in /usr/share/icons/.
Where do I put gnome icons?
Go to desktop>gnome>shell>windows and type in the name of the theme (exactly!). Then do alt+F2 and it should reload, plus add it to your options in gnome-tweak. For icon themes: Extract the folder containing the icon data into /usr/share/icons.
How do I install icons in Linux Mint?
Anyway, I usually open mint menu, go to preference, select theme. On opened theme window, select customise, then move to the ‘icon’ tab. From that tab, select install, and point to the location where you keep your icon set.
How do I install new icons?
How to Install Icons on a Computer
- Use a preinstalled icon. To view available icons already on your system, right-click the Windows desktop and select “Personalize.” Select “Change desktop icon” and view all icons on the system.
- Download icons sets. …
- Create icons using an online conversion tool.
How do I change icons in Linux?
In the file right click and choose properties Then, in the top left side you should see the actual icon, left click and in the new window choose the image. Right click any item in Linux and under properties change emblem this works for most files.
How do I install XFCE icons?
To install an Xfce theme or icon set manually, do the following:
- Download the archive.
- Extract it with the right click of your mouse.
- Create the . icons and . themes folders in your home directory. …
- Move the extracted theme folders to the ~/. theme folder and the extracted icons to the ~/. icons folder.
Where are KDE icons?
1 Answer. Systemwide themes are placed in /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/ but you can copy to ~/. kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/ if you want to customize for a user.
How do I get more icons?
Right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, point to View, and then select Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. Tip: You can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse to resize desktop icons. On the desktop, press and hold Ctrl while you scroll the wheel to make icons larger or smaller.