To find out which Android OS is on your device: Open your device’s Settings.
Tap About Phone or About Device.
Tap Android Version to display your version information.
Which version of Android do I have?
Then select the Settings option. Scroll down and select About Phone. Scroll down to Android Version. The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone .
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install System Updates.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
Why is my Android OS draining my battery?
Check which apps drain your battery. Just go to Settings >> Device >> Battery or Settings >> Power >> Battery Use, or Settings >> Device >> Battery, depending on your version of Android OS, to see a list of all your apps, and approximately how much battery power each is using.
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
What is the latest version of Android operating system?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
Which Android version is the best?
This is the Market Contribution of top Android Versions in the month of July 2018:
- Android Nougat (7.0, 7.1 versions) – 30.8%
- Android Marshmallow (6.0 version) – 23.5%
- Android Lollipop (5.0, 5.1 versions) – 20.4%
- Android Oreo (8.0, 8.1 versions) – 12.1%
- Android KitKat (4.4 version) – 9.1%
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Software Updates, then Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
The best Android tablets for 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ($650-plus)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 ($150)
- Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite ($200)
- Asus ZenPad 3S 10 ($290-plus)
Which Android phone is best?
The best Android phones of 2019: get the best Android smartphone for you
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Simply put, the best Android phone in the world.
- Huawei P30 Pro. The second best Android phone in the world right now.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Google Pixel 3 XL.
- OnePlus 6T.
- Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Nokia 9 PureView.
What is the most popular version of Android?
The latest version, Android 8.0 Oreo, sits at a distant sixth place. Android 7.0 Nougat has finally become the most-used version of the mobile operating system, running on 28.5 percent of devices (across both versions 7.0 and 7.1), according to an update on Google’s developer portal today (via 9to5Google).
How do I stop my android from draining my battery?
How To Avoid Draining Your Cell Phone Battery
- Switch Off Your Phone. If you don’t need your phone while you’re sleeping or after business hours, just switch it off.
- Turn Off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Switch Off the Vibrate Function.
- Avoid Flash Photography.
- Reduce the Screen Brightness.
- Close Applications.
- Keep Your Calls Brief.
- Avoid Games, Videos, Pictures and Internet.
What is draining my Android battery so fast?
If no app is draining the battery, try these steps. They can fix issues that could drain battery in the background. To restart your device, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Open your device’s Settings app .
What is eating up my Android Battery?
Part 3 Limiting System Battery Usage
- Turn your screen brightness down. One of the most common battery drains on Android devices is the screen brightness.
- Switch to battery saving mode for location.
- Disable Google Now to prevent the phone from always listening.
- Enable power saver mode.
- Turn off vibration.
What Android version is Samsung Galaxy s8?
In February 2018, the official Android 8.0.0 “Oreo” update began rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, and Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. In February 2019, Samsung released the official Android 9.0 “Pie” for the Galaxy S8 family.
What Android version is Samsung Galaxy s9?
The Galaxy S9 series was released in February 2018 and became the first Samsung flagships to run Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. The Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus were also the first Samsung devices to get the beta version of the One UI overlay, which is based on Android 9 Pie.
What Android version is my phone?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
Can Android version be updated?
Normally, you will get notifications from OTA (over-the-air) when the Android Pie update is available for you. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest version of Android studio?
Android Studio 3.2 is a major release that includes a variety of new features and improvements.
- 3.2.1 (October 2018) This update to Android Studio 3.2 includes the following changes and fixes: The bundled Kotlin version is now 1.2.71. The default build tools version is now 28.0.3.
- 3.2.0 known issues.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
What is the current Android version?
Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release) Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release) Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release) Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release) Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
Will the s8 get Android pie?
Samsung promised a Galaxy S8 Android Pie update in early 2019 and the company’s delivered. The update has left beta testing and it’s moving out to select models in select regions right now including the United States. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon have all pushed updates to the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8 to pie?
Update [February 20, 2019]: Samsung has released the stable Android Pie update for its Galaxy S8 and S8+ users in Germany.
Boot your Galaxy S8 into download mode:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume down + Bixby + Power together until you see the Warning screen.
Why is my Samsung Galaxy s8 battery draining so fast?
If no app is draining the battery, try these steps. They can fix issues that could drain battery in the background. To restart your device, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .
Why is my car battery draining so fast?
A short circuit may cause excessive current draw and drain your battery. Check the charging system for a loose or worn-out alternator belt, problems in the circuit (loose, disconnected or broken wires), or a failing alternator. Engine operation problems can also cause excessive battery drain during cranking.
How can I tell which app is draining my Android Battery?
How to see which apps are draining your Android device’s battery
- Step 1: Open the main settings area of your phone by pressing the Menu button and then choosing Settings.
- Step 2: Scroll down in this menu to “About phone” and press it.
- Step 3: On the next menu, choose “Battery use.”
- Step 4: Look over the list of apps that are using the battery the most.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”