Restart your Windows 10 computer. Restarting a device can often fix most tech issues including those that prevent you from connecting to a Wi-Fi network. … To start the troubleshooter, open the Windows 10 Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Internet Connections > Run the troubleshooter.
Why is my Windows 10 not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Windows 10 Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
The best solution is to uninstall the network adapter’s driver and allow Windows to reinstall it automatically. … Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager. Right-click on the network adapter and choose Uninstall. If prompted, click on Delete the driver software for this device.
How do I fix my Internet connection on Windows 10?
Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
- Use the Network troubleshooter. …
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. …
- See if you can use the Wi-Fi to get to websites from a different device. …
- If your Surface still isn’t connecting, try the steps on Surface can’t find my wireless network.
Why is my computer suddenly not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Sometimes connection issues arise because your computer’s network adapter might not be enabled. On a Windows computer, check your network adapter by selecting it on the Network Connections Control Panel. Make sure the Wireless connection option is enabled.
How do I fix no Wi-Fi on Windows 10?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Start Menu, type in Services and open it up.
- In the Services window, locate the WLAN Autoconfig service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties. …
- Change the Startup type to ‘Automatic’ and click Start to run the service. …
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
- Check if this fixes the issue.
How do I fix windows unable to connect to Wi-Fi?
Fix “Windows Can’t Connect To This Network” Error
- Forget The Network & Reconnect To It.
- Toggle The Airplane Mode On & Off.
- Uninstall The Drivers For Your Network Adapter.
- Run Commands In CMD To Fix The Issue.
- Reset Your Network Settings.
- Disable IPv6 On Your PC.
- Use The Network Troubleshooter.
Why is my internet not working on my PC?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
What do I do if my WiFi is connected but no Internet access?
The problem is then at the ISP’s end and they should be contacted to confirm and resolve the issue.
- Restart your Router. …
- Troubleshooting from your Computer. …
- Flush DNS Cache From Your Computer. …
- Proxy Server Settings. …
- Change the wireless mode on your Router. …
- Update outdated Network drivers. …
- Reset your Router and Network.
How do you fix a computer that won’t connect to the Internet?
Fixes to try
- Restart your router/modem.
- Reset your network settings.
- Update your network driver.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Check for hardware and connection issues.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on Windows 10?
- Click the Windows button -> Settings -> Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Click Connect. Disable/Enable WiFi.
How do I enable Wi-Fi on my PC?
The Wi-Fi adapter can also be enabled in the Control Panel, click the Network and Sharing Center option, then click the Change adapter settings link in the left navigation pane. Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter and select Enable.
Why is my PC not showing available networks?
Way 2: Check your network settings
1) Right click the Internet icon, and click Open Network and Sharing Center. 2) Click Change adapter settings. 3) Right click WiFi, and click Enable. … 4) Restart your Windows and reconnect to your WiFi again.
How do I get my Wi-Fi back on my laptop?
Turning on Wi-Fi via the Start menu
- Click the Windows button and type “Settings,” clicking on the app when it appears in the search results. …
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi option to “On” to enable your Wi-Fi adapter.