Click Windows menu and go to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Reset this PC” > “Get started” > “Remove everything” > “Remove files and clean the drive”, and then follow the wizard to finish the process.
How do I wipe my hard drive without deleting Windows?
Windows 8- choose “Settings” from the Charm Bar> Change PC Settings> General> choose the “Get Started” option under “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”> Next> select which drives you want to wipe> choose whether you want to remove your files or fully clean the drive> Reset.
How do I wipe my computer clean before selling Windows 7?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do I delete everything off my computer Windows 7?
Press “Shift” key while you are clicking Power> Restart button so as to boot into WinRE. Navigate to Troubleshoot > Reset this PC. Then, you will see two options: “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”.
Is there a way to completely wipe a hard drive?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do you completely Reset your computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I wipe my hard drive without logging in?
How to Reset Windows 10 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
- Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. …
- On the next screen, click the Reset this PC button.
- You’ll see two option: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything“. …
- Keep My Files. …
- Next, enter your user password. …
- Click on Reset. …
- Remove Everything.
How do I permanently delete files from my laptop?
Head to the Start screen, find the Charms bar, click on Settings and then hit Change PC settings. Finally, choose Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows. When you choose to erase data, make sure you click on the “thoroughly” option rather than “quickly”, just to be sure that everything is deleted.