How do you send an attachment in Linux?
4 Ways to Send Email Attachment from Linux Command Line
- Using mail Command. mail is part of the mailutils (On Debian) and mailx (On RedHat) package and it is used to process messages on the command line. …
- Using mutt Command. …
- Using mailx Command. …
- Using mpack Command.
How do I attach a file to an email in Linux?
Use the new attachment switch (-a) in mailx to send attachments with the mail. The -a options is easier to use that the uuencode command. The above command will print a new blank line. Type the body of the message here and press [ctrl] + [d] to send.
How send attachment with uuencode Linux?
To send an attachment from the email, use uuencode command. On RedHat (and related distributions), uuencode is part of the sharutils package. So, install the sharutils as shown below. Once you’ve confirmed that you have uuencode, send the email with an attachment as shown below.
How do I write an email with an attachment?
Some more examples:
- Please find the attached file for your review.
- Please find the attached file for your request.
- Please find the attached file you requested.
- Please find attached the file you have requested.
- Please find the attached file for your reference.
- Please find attached file for your kind reference.
What is mail command in Unix?
The mail command allows you to read or send mail. If users is left blank, it allows you to read mail. If users has a value, then it allows you send mail to those users.
How do I send an email using mutt command?
Send an email with mutt command
- Change recipient email address pressing t.
- Change Cc address with c.
- Attach files as attachments with a.
- Quit from the interface with q.
- Send that email by pressing y.
What is the difference between mail and mailx in Unix?
Mailx is more advanced than “mail”. Mailx supports attachments by using the “-a” parameter. Users then list a file path after the “-a” parameter. Mailx also supports POP3, SMTP, IMAP, and MIME.
How do I read mail in Linux?
prompt, enter the number of the mail you want to read and press ENTER . Press ENTER to scroll through the message line by line and press q and ENTER to return to the message list. To exit mail , type q at the ? prompt and then press ENTER .
How do I see mail queue in Linux?
Viewing email in Linux using postfix’s mailq and postcat
- mailq – print a list of all queued mail.
- postcat -vq [message-id] – print a particular message, by ID (you can see the ID along in mailq ‘s output)
- postqueue -f – process the queued mail immediately.