Windows Media Player is available for Windows-based devices. … In some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.
How do I install media player on Windows 10?
How to install Windows Media Player
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the manage optional features link. Apps & features settings.
- Click the Add a feature button. Manage optional features settings.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click the Install button. Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
What replaces Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Part 3. Other 4 Free Alternatives to Windows Media Player
- VLC Media Player. Developed by VideoLAN Project, VLC is a free and open-source multimedia player that supports playing all types of video formats, DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs, and streaming protocols. …
- KMPlayer. …
- GOM Media Player. …
What is the best media player to use with Windows 10?
VLC is one of the best free and open source media players around. Other players do less and are not even free. VLC plays all sorts of media files, from AVI and DivX to MP3 and DVD. Using a range of open source codecs to power it, VLC media player is like the Swiss army knife of video and audio players.
Where is media player in Windows 10?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
What is the default media player for Windows 10?
The Music app or Groove Music (on Windows 10) is the default music or media player.
Why Windows Media Player is not working?
Disable and re-enable Windows Media Player in Windows Features. In the Windows Search bar, type Windows features and select Turn Windows features on or off. Navigate to Windows Media Player and disable it by unchecking the box. Reboot your PC and re-enable Windows Media Player again.
Is there a better app than Windows Media Player?
The best alternative is VLC Media Player, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like Windows Media Player are MPC-HC (Free, Open Source), foobar2000 (Free), PotPlayer (Free) and MPV (Free, Open Source).
Why is VLC better than Windows Media Player?
The main advantage of the VLC Player is the fact that it is codec independent. … On the other hand, the Windows Media Player runs almost flawlessly, but it’s not as great with codecs as VLC is. Therefore, if you need to run individual file formats, go for VLC. Otherwise, Windows Media Player is the way to go.
Why is Windows Media Player not working on Windows 10?
1) Try reinstalling Windows Media Player with a PC restart in between: Type Features in Start Search, open Turn Windows Features On or Off, under Media Features, uncheck Windows Media Player, click OK. Restart PC, then reverse the process to check WMP, OK, restart again to reinstall it.
What is the best media player for Windows 10 2021?
Top 10 BEST Video Player For Windows 10 And Mac [2021 List]
- Comparing Some Of The Best Media Players.
- #1) CyberLink PowerDVD 20 Ultra.
- #2) VideoLAN VLC Media Player.
- #3) GOM Player.
- #4) Pot Player.
- #5) Media Player Classic – Home Cinema.
- #6) Plex.
- #7) MusicBee.
Which is better KMPlayer or VLC?
KMPlayer gains nice ratings and is given good reviews because of its sound base on download sites. … Moreover, KMPlayer allows its users to remotely control it while this feature isn’t provided by VLC. This makes KMPlayer superior to VLC as they other features are equally found in both of them.
What’s the best free media player for Windows 10?
The best free video player you can download today
VLC Media Player is the go-to free video player if you’re looking for a software that can handle whatever videos you throw at it. This extremely versatile software can play 360-degree videos, movies and clips up to 8K resolution, and videos in compressed file formats.