To uninstall the Messenger app from your Android:
- Go to your phone’s settings and open your application manager.
- Tap Messenger.
- Tap Uninstall.
How do I delete Facebook Messenger from my Android?
- Open Messenger on your Android. It’s the blue chat bubble icon with a white lightning bolt inside.
- Tap your profile photo. It’s at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap Switch Account.
- Tap ⁝ on the account you want to remove.
- Tap Remove account.
- Tap REMOVE.
How do I permanently delete my messenger account?
You can only deactivate Messenger if you previously deactivated your Facebook account. To deactivate it, open Messenger, then tap your profile picture in the top left corner, and go to Privacy & Terms > Deactivate Messenger. From there, enter your password and tap Continue. Next, tap Deactivate.
What happens if you uninstall Messenger app?
Messages are not stored on your phone. So they won’t get deleted even if you uninstall the Messenger App. They will be intact in the order you see on Facebook through Desktop site. If you use Messenger for text messages too then you will be able view them on your phone’s inbuilt messaging app.
How do I delete messenger on my Samsung phone?
Find the Messenger icon; if you do not see it, tap See All Apps (or App Info) first. Tap the Uninstall option. You can also delete an app from the Android home screen by pressing its icon and then dragging it to the Uninstall symbol that appears at the top of the screen.
Can I disable Facebook Messenger?
If you want to get rid of Facebook Messenger without deactivating Facebook, your only option is to turn chat off. Open Facebook Messenger on your iPhone or Android phone. Tap your profile picture at the top to go to your settings. Scroll down and tap Legal & Policies.
Can you delete Facebook Messenger?
Facebook Messenger will give you one final notification that your unsent message will be deleted permanently. Click the “Remove” button to officially delete your message. That tombstone line of text will then appear on the message thread. Now that you know how to delete a sent Facebook message, you may be wondering
Why can’t I deactivate my messenger?
You can only deactivate Messenger if you previously deactivated your Facebook account. To deactivate Messenger after you’ve deactivated your Facebook account: Tap your profile picture in the top left corner > Privacy & Terms > Deactivate Messenger. Enter your password and tap Continue.
Can I delete Messenger messages?
The recipient’s copy is not deleted, which can be confusing if someone references the message later on. If you’re using the Messenger app and what to delete messages on Messenger, tap and hold the message and then tap the “Delete” button.
How do I remove Messenger from my computer?
Open Messenger. Tap your profile picture in the top left corner > Legal & Policies > Deactivate Messenger. Enter your password and tap Continue. Tap Deactivate.
How can I delete my messenger account?
How do I remove an account I’ve added to Messenger?
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- Scroll down and tap Switch Account.
- Swipe left on the account you want to remove.
- Tap Remove > Remove.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Messenger?
To uninstall the Messenger app from your Android: Go to your phone’s settings and open your application manager. Tap Messenger. Tap Uninstall.
To uninstall the Messenger app from your iPhone or iPad:
- Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
- Tap X in the upper-left corner of the app.
- Tap Delete.
What do people see when you delete messenger?
3 Answers. No, sent messages can’t be unsent or removed from the recipient’s inbox. Depending on the persons’s notification settings, they may also receive your message as an email notification. Using “delete” in the messenger deletes the message in your version of the thread but not the recipient’s.
What happens when you deactivate messenger?
In short, deactivating is akin to a temporary deletion where you can reactivate your account at any time, whereas deleting your account is a permanent removal of data. But you might not realize that deactivating your Facebook account does NOT deactivate your Facebook Messenger account.
How do I uninstall Facebook from my Android?
To uninstall the Facebook app from your Android:
- Go to your Android’s settings and open your application manager.
- Tap Facebook.
- Tap Uninstall.
How do I not show active on Facebook Messenger?
Just open your Facebook Messenger App, go to the “People” tab and then tap “Active” at the very top. This will show you a list of all of your friends that are active on the messenger app, and you can disable the toggle button next to your name to get rid of your Facebook last active notice.
Does deactivating messenger delete messages?
It isn’t possible to delete sent or received messages from a friend’s inbox. However there is some workaround is to mark the message as Spam or Abuse (in Actions), then delete it from your messages, and disable/deactivate your account (and re-activate it after few hours), so both people won’t see it.
How do I turn off Facebook chat on my Android?
- Open the “Facebook” app.
- Tap the “Menu” icon, located at the upper-right of the screen.
- Select “App Settings“.
- Scroll down to the “Messages” area and toggle “Facebook chat” to “On” or “Off” as desired.
How do I delete a Facebook Messenger conversation?
Step 1: Open Facebook Messenger App On Your Phone . Step 2: Open the Conversation that you want to delete the messages from . Step 3: Tap and Hold the Messages that you want to delete ,In the pop up tap on delete Messages .
How do I delete a Facebook Messenger Wave?
Keep in mind that this won’t delete them from your friend’s inbox. To delete a message or photo: From Chats , open a conversation. Tap and hold the message or photo you’d like to delete.
- View your conversations from Chats.
- Swipe left on the conversation you want to delete.
- Tap .
- Tap Delete Conversation.
How do I delete a messenger wave?
To delete a message or photo: Open the conversation. Tap and hold the message or photo you’d like to delete until a menu at the bottom pops up.
- View your conversations in the Home tab.
- Press and hold the conversation you want to delete.
- Tap Delete > Delete Conversation.
How do I delete photos in Messenger?
- Open Facebook Messenger. Tap the Messenger app icon, which resembles a blue speech bubble with a white lightning bolt in it.
- Select a conversation.
- Find the photo.
- Tap and hold the photo.
- Tap Delete.
- Tap Delete when prompted.
- Check your shared photos.
How do I delete multiple messages on Facebook Messenger Android?
Second method: Delete
- Step1. Open your Facebook Messenger app. Go to the recent the conversation list and find the conversation that you want to delete.
- Step2. Now just perform a long touch on the conversation you want to delete. A pop up appears with various option. Just select the Delete option.
How do you delete all messages on messenger?
Deleting messages on your desktop
- Step 1: Log into Facebook like you normally would.
- Step 2: Click the chat bubble in the upper-right corner, followed by See All in Messenger.
- Step 3: To delete an entire message thread, hover over the conversation and click the cog icon in the bottom-right corner.
When you delete a message on Messenger Is it gone?
Any kind of message can be removed within 10 minutes of being sent: text, group chats, photos, videos, links. Users can only delete messages they sent. People with access to the feature can tap and hold on a message they sent and select Remove, and they will see options for Remove for Everyone or Remove for You.
How can I erase messages from messenger?
Open a conversation with messages you’d like to delete. Press and hold on a message, or select the three dots menu icon on desktop. Select “remove” next to the message. Select “remove for everyone” — that makes sure that the messages disappear from the inboxes of the people you sent them to, not just from your own.
How do you deactivate?
To deactivate your Facebook account, follow these four steps:
- Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Select ‘Settings’
- Choose ‘General’ in the left column.
- Click ‘Manage your account’
- Press ‘Deactivate your account’, and then follow the steps to confirm your decision.
Can you permanently delete Facebook messages?
Permanently Delete Facebook Chat History Using a Computer. Click the Messages icon at the top right of the screen. It’s the one between the buttons for friend requests and notifications. Click the message thread you want to permanently delete so that it pops up at the bottom of the screen.
How do I delete sent text messages on Android?
How to Unsend a Text Message on Android
- Step 1) Install the TigerText app for free from here.
- Step 2) Type out your text message using the app.
- Step 3) Send the message, then tap and hold it.
- Step 4) Tap Recall to delete the text message from the recipient’s device.
- Step 5) To make sure the Recall function worked, look for a green icon next to your message.
How do you delete Messenger history?
How do I clear my Search History in Messenger?
- From Chats, tap the search bar at the top.
- Tap Edit in the top right.
- Next to Recent Searches, tap Clear All.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”