To disable location reporting or history in Android:
- Open the App Drawer and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Location.
- Scroll down and tap Google Location Settings.
- Tap Location Reporting and Location History, and switch the slider to off for each one.
Can my phone be tracked if Location Services is off Android?
Smartphones can still be tracked even if location services and GPS are turned off, according to Princeton University researchers. The technique, called PinMe, shows it is possible to track a location even if the location services, GPS, and Wi-Fi are turned off.
How do I turn off my tracking on Android phone?
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to Location Settings.
- Tap “Location History is on.”
- A new window will appear; toggle the switch to turn off for your specific device or all Location History across your entire Google account.
How do I turn off location services?
How to turn Location Services on or off for specific apps
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select an option: Never: Prevents access to Location Services information.
How do I turn off location services on my smartphone?
You can turn it off or back on at any time.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Security & location. If you don’t see “Security & location,” follow the steps for older Android versions.
- Tap Location Advanced Google Emergency Location Service.
- Turn Emergency Location Service on or off.
Does turning off your phone hide your location?
To turn that off, go into Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Assuming Location Services are on, you should now see a list of apps with two bits of information: a button showing whether access to Location Services is on or off for that app, and a little arrow if it’s used your location data recently.
How can I stop my phone from being tracked?
How to Prevent Cell Phones From Being Tracked
- Turn off the cellular and Wi-Fi radios on your phone. The easiest way to accomplish this task is to turn on the “Airplane Mode” feature.
- Disable your GPS radio.
- Shut the phone down completely and remove the battery.
How can I turn off my location without someone knowing?
Although it is a bummer that your friend will get a notification, here is how to disable Find My Friends.
- Open your Settings on your mobile device.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Location Services.
- Tap the Location Services slider so it is White / OFF.
How do I turn off location services on Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – Turn GPS Location On / Off
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- Navigate: Settings > Biometrics and security > Location.
- Tap the Location switch to turn on or off .
- If presented with the Location consent screen, tap Agree.
- If presented with Google Location consent, tap Agree.
How do I stop my phone from tracking apps?
Here’s how to stop apps from tracking you on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Privacy.”
- Select “Location Services.”
- If you want to completely stop all apps from using your location, turn Location Services off.
- If you want to manage settings app by app, tap each app and choose “Never” or “While Using.”
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”