How do I check my Samsung phone for viruses?
Run a phone virus scan
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store and download and install AVG AntiVirus for Android.
- Step 2: Open the app and tap the Scan button.
- Step 3: Wait while the app scans and checks your apps and files for any malicious software.
- Step 4: If a threat is found, tap Resolve.
How do you know if you have a virus on your Android?
If you see a sudden unexplained spike in data usage, it could be that your phone has been infected with malware. Go to settings, and tap on Data to see which app is using the most data on your phone. If you see anything suspicious, uninstall that app immediately.
Can Android phones get viruses?
In the case of smartphones, to date we have not seen malware that replicate itself like a PC virus can, and specifically on Android this does not exist, so technically there are no Android viruses. Most people think of any malicious software as a virus, even though it is technically inaccurate.
How do I know if there’s a virus on my iPhone?
- Check to see if your iPhone is jailbroken. Jailbreaking removes many of the iPhone’s built-in restrictions, leaving it vulnerable to unapproved app installations.
- Look for pop-up ads in Safari.
- Watch out for crashing apps.
- Look for unknown apps.
- Check for unexplained extra charges.
- Monitor battery performance.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”