- Step 1: Download a ROM. Find a ROM for your device, using the appropriate XDA forum.
- Step 2: Boot into Recovery. To boot into recovery use your recovery combo buttons.
- Step 3: Flash ROM. Now go ahead and select “Install”…
- Step 4: Clear Cache. After the install is complete, back out and clear your cache…
How do I install LineageOS on Android?
How to Install LineageOS on Android
- Step Zero: Make Sure Your Device (and Computer) are Ready to Go.
- Step One: Gather your Downloads and Enable Developer Mode.
- Step Two: Unlock the Bootloader.
- Step Three: Flash TWRP.
- Step Four: Reset/Wipe partitions.
- Step Five: Flash Lineage, GApps, and SU.
- Step Six: Boot and Set Up.
What is a custom ROM on Android?
In the world of Android, you’ll often hear people talking about “Custom ROMs”. The term ROM, which stands for Read Only Memory and really has very little to do with what a custom Android ROM actually is, can be confusing. A custom Android ROM refers to a phone’s firmware, based on Google’s Android platform.
Can I install stock Android on any phone?
Well, you could root your Android phone and install stock Android. But that voids your warranty. Plus, it’s complicated and not something everyone can do. If you want the “stock Android” experience without rooting, there is a way to get close: install Google’s own apps.
How do I flash a ROM?
To flash your ROM:
- Reboot your phone into Recovery mode, just like we did back when we made our Nandroid backup.
- Head to the “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card” section of your recovery.
- Navigate to the ZIP file you downloaded earlier, and select it from the list to flash it.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”