Text people from your Mac, even if they use Android
- On your iPhone go to Settings > Messages.
- Tap “Send and Receive”.
- From the second group choose one address, which will be the source, or “caller ID” on your outgoing messages.
- If you have other iOS devices that you want to receive texts on (iPads, iPod Touch) go through steps 1 to 3 on each of these devices as well.
Can I use Messages on Mac with Android phone?
Android/OS X: Apple’s Messages app on a Mac is a neat way to chat with your iPhone without having to pick up your phone. However, it doesn’t work if you have an Android device. Until now. SMS Integration for iChat allows you to send and receive text messages from an Android phone via Messages.
How can I see my android text messages on my Mac?
On your computer, go to messages.android.com. Then on your phone, open the Android Messages app. In Messages, tap the More options menu (the one with three dots) and select Messages for web. Use your phone to scan the QR code on your computer.
How do I connect my text messages to my MacBook?
How to set up Mac OS X Messages to send SMS texts
- Make sure your Mac’s running OS X Yosemite (10.10 or higher) and your iPhone is running iOS 8.x.
- Click on the Messages app in your Mac to open it.
- Go to your iPhone.
- Tap Text Message Forwarding.
- You’ll see a list of all your devices linked to your Apple ID.
- You’ll see a six-digit code pop up in Messages on your Mac.
Can you send regular text messages on Mac?
Now, as long as you have that macOS or later, you’re able to get text messages (SMS) on your Mac. Once you’ve set up iMessage on Mac, you should seamlessly receive both iMessages and text messages. By default, Messages on Mac will attempt to send an iMessage. But if it can’t, it will then send a text message.
Does Apple messages work with Android?
Apple’s Messages app didn’t make the list because it only runs on iOS and macOS, and not on Android devices, which are used by the majority of the world’s smartphone users. However, with Facebook’s messaging merger, now is the time for Apple to finally bring Messages to Android.
How do I send and receive text messages on my Mac?
Go to Settings > Messages on your iPhone and tap on Text Messages Forwarding. You will see your Mac (or Macs) listed here with an on off slider beside them. To allow your Mac to send and receive text messages turn the slider to green.
How can I see my text messages on my computer Android?
Go to messages.android.com on the computer or other device you want to text from. You’ll see a big QR code on the right side of this page. Open up Android Messages on your smartphone. Tap the icon with three vertical dots at the top and to the far right.
How do I enable text messages on my Mac?
How to get text messages on your Mac
- Tap on the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and tap on Messages.
- Tap on Text Message Forwarding.
- Tap on the toggle next to your Mac to turn on the feature if it’s not green already.
How do I set up Imessages on my Mac?
How to set up Messages on the Mac
- Launch Messages from your desktop, dock, or Applications folder.
- Enter your Apple ID email address and password.
- Click on Messages in the Menu bar and select Preferences.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Select the phone number and email addresses at which you would like to be reached.
How do I set up messages on my Mac with my phone number?
Open Messages or FaceTime. If asked, sign in with the Apple ID that you’re using with Messages and FaceTime on your iPhone. For Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings.
How do I enable SMS on my Mac?
How to turn on Text Message Forwarding
- Ensure that you’re logged in to the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and Mac.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Messages.
- Tap on Text Message Forwarding.
- Toggle the ON/OFF switch on the Mac(s) you want to get text messages on.
How do I get my messages to update on my Mac?
To do this on your iOS devices, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off on all of these devices. On Mac, you’ll open up Messages and then click on Messages > Preferences > Accounts. From there, uncheck Enable this account and close out of Messages and then open it back up.
Can I text an android from my Mac?
Text people from your Mac, even if they use Android. But unless you go through some extra steps, you can only text other Apple users from your Mac. First, make sure you have iMessage fully configured. On your iPhone go to Settings > Messages.
How do I turn on SMS on my Mac?
Return to your iPhone and go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. Here you will see a list of devices using the same Apple ID. To enable a device for SMS relay, tap the slider to ON (green position). Each time you enable a device, a four digit code will appear on that device’s screen.
How do I set up text message forwarding on my Mac?
Set up text message forwarding. On all your iOS devices, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage.
Can I receive iMessages on Android?
You might not be able to send iMessages from your Android to your friends iPhones, but you can send your Android texts from your computer’s iMessages app to your Android phone. Sadly, it doesn’t look like there will ever be an official way to send and receive iMessages from your Android device.
Is Apple ever releasing iMessages on Android?
Apple reveals why iMessage isn’t coming to Android. iMessage is the only major messaging service that’s exclusive to iOS. The company launched an Apple Music app for Android last year and it was two other apps on the Google Play Store, though one is dedicated to moving Android users to iOS.
Is there an Android version of iMessage?
iMessage is so good that many smartphone users would love to see an Android version come out, although it’s something Apple will probably never do. Android Messages, not to be confused with Hangouts or Allo, is Google’s texting app, and a new version of the app will soon be available on your Android device.
Why are my messages not sending on my Mac?
5- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the Internet. 7- On your Mac, Messages > Preferences > Accounts > iMessages Account; and on your iOS device, iPhone or iPad > Settings > Messages > Send and Receive the account should be same. 8- The issue may be because of Keychain problem.
Where are iMessages stored on Mac?
How to find your iMessage archive
- On your Mac, go to Messages and then open the Preferences.
- Under General, make sure that you check off the box for “Save history when conversations are closed.
- Launch your Finder, click on Go in the menu bar, and click on Go to folder.
- Type in ** /Library/Messages**.
Why isn’t my messages working on my Mac?
This can be because of all kinds of things, but the first place to check is Apple’s System Status site to make sure iMessage isn’t down. If iMessage is working, then it’s time to try a few different solutions. First off, make sure “Send as SMS” is enabled in Settings > Messages.
How do I fix messages on my Mac?
Check your Apple ID
- Messages: Choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts. Select your iMessage account, then click Sign Out. Now sign in again with the same Apple ID you used on the Apple ID account page.
- FaceTime: Choose FaceTime > Preferences. In the Settings tab, click Sign Out.
Why is iMessage not working on my Mac?
On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Messages > and toggle off iMessage at the top. Wait a few seconds and turn it back on. On your Mac, go to Messages > Preferences… > Hopefully one of these solutions will fix issues that prevent iMessages from showing on all your devices.
Why is my Mac sending texts from my email?
This can be done by going to settings -> messages -> send & receive; and tapping the option, which reads something to the effect of “use appleID for iMessage”. Once it logs in and activated, Apple will associate the phone number with your email address and it should show up on the Mac.
How can I receive iMessages on Android?
How to Send and Receive iMessage on Android Phone
- Download SMS for iMessage App. SMS for iMessage is an Android application that routes text messages from Mac iMessage client to android phones.
- Install weServer.
- Give Permissions.
- Setup iMessage Account.
- Install weMessage.
- Login, Sync and Start iMessaging with your Android Phone.
What is the best iMessage app for Android?
iMessage For Android – Best Alternatives
- Facebook Messenger. Facebook has launched its new App to chat with friends and make free calls called Facebook Messenger for Android, iOS users.
- Telegram. Telegram is one of the most popular messaging app and iMessage alternative available for Android and iOS devices.
- WhatsApp Messenger.
- Google Allo.
How can I make my android look like iPhone messages?
How to Make Your Android Phone’s Messages Look Like an iPhone
- Choose the SMS application you would prefer to use.
- Install the application from the Google Play store.
- Disable notifications in the settings of Android’s default Messaging app.
- Download an iPhone SMS theme for your SMS replacement app, if you choose to go with Go SMS Pro or Handcent.
How do I find old messages on my Mac?
Find and View iMessages on Mac
- Go to the messages on Mac and then select preferences.
- Proceed and look out for a box that says “save messages when the conversations are closed”.
- In your finder, proceed to the Go menu where you should select the Go to Folder option.
- Here, you should type: ~/Library/Messages.
How do I find old iMessages on my Mac?
How Do I Find My iMessage Archive and See Missing or Old iMessages on My Mac?
- To access your past conversations, launch Finder > Go Menu.
- Type in your user library using ~/Library and press the Go button.
- In the Library folder, choose the Messages Folder.
How do you check iMessage history?
Tutorial 1: Directly view deleted message history
- Extract iTunes backup file.
- View your iMessage history.
- Scan your iTunes backup.
- Read iMessage history in iTunes backup.
- Run the program and login your account.
- Download your iCloud backup.
- Scan and preview iMessages.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”