Remotely find, lock, or erase
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account. If you have more than one device, click the lost device at the top of the screen.
- The lost device gets a notification.
- On the map, you’ll get info about where the device is.
- Pick what you want to do.
Can you remotely wipe a Samsung phone?
Wipe Galaxy S7 Data Remotely via Samsung Find my Mobile: Well, you can only use this service if you have enabled remote control option in the settings of your phone.
How do I factory reset my phone with Google?
Go to Factory data reset, tap on it, then tap the Erase everything button.This will take a few minutes. After the phone is erased, it will restart and take you to the initial setup screen again. Remove then OTG cable and go through the setup again. You won’t need to bypass Google account verification on Samsung again.
Can a stolen Android be tracked if it was factory reset?
Unlike Apple’s solution, Android Device Manager will be wiped after a factory reset — a thief can reset your device and you won’t be able to track it down. For example, Avast!’s Anti-Theft app can be installed onto the system partition if you have root access, so it will survive a factory reset.
How do I wipe my Android phone before selling it?
How to wipe your Android
- Step 1: Start by backing up your data.
- Step 2: Deactivate factory reset protection.
- Step 3: Log out of your Google accounts.
- Step 4: Delete any saved passwords from your browsers.
- Step 5: Remove your SIM card and any external storage.
- Step 6: Encrypt your phone.
- Step 7: Upload dummy data.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”