Revoke Google’s Access to Your Microphone
- Open Settings on your phone and tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap See all X apps to get a full list.
- Scroll down to Google and select it.
- Tap Permissions and disable the Microphone slider.
How do I turn off the microphone on my Android?
On Android (Marshmallow)
- Go to Settings.
- Swipe over to “Personal”
- Tap “Privacy and safety”
- Tap “App permissions”
- Tap “Microphone”
- Find Facebook, and turn the slider to OFF.
How do I disable my microphone?
You may disable your microphone by following the below steps.
- Click on start button and select Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Sound.
- Now in the pop-up window, click on Recording tab.
- Right-click on Microphone and select Disable.
How do I stop my phone from listening to conversations?
You can review these apps and disable access at any time by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Microphone.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a list of any apps you’ve granted microphone access to. Toggle the switch to OFF (white) next to any app you want to revoke access from.
How do I turn off tap to talk on my Android?
How to turn off “OK Google” voice search
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Under “Personal“ find “Language and Input“
- Find “Google voice typing“ and tap the Settings button (cog icon)
- Tap “Ok Google“ Detection.
- Under the “From the Google app“ option, move the slider to the left.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”